Hilda's Smiley! Still Fighting Heartworms Update Post 431

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest TheUnrulyHound

OK guys there was a funky mix up with the dates.............aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd........ Smiley is going in tomorrow or Friday to be heartworm tested!!!!!

YAY YAY!!! :clap:confetti

I think me and Susie had not had our coffee the morning that we discussed his retest date :blush ..... but it is better cause he is that much closer to his forever home!!!! YAY

I hope I can give good news in the next day or two!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my eyes are watering. Bless his heart, he doesn't deserve to have to go through this. Some day I hope I get to hug him, maybe he'll go through this area on a GUR to his new home.

I remember when BuyCut went through the treatment, he was always so happy & sparkly when he got home even though I could tell he didn't feel good.

Hugs to you sweet boy!!!

The news just has to be good Holly, he's been through enough and smiled through it all.

He's in our prayers

Oh, and Hilda, Texas to California, so he won't be coming through "da souf"

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest TheUnrulyHound

So far it looks like it will be tomorrow, Emma needs to go to the doctor and both places are very close so I will be able to drop off Smiley and take Emma to the doc while they are taking care of his test.

Guest GentleHugs

Been following Smiley's story since I did the raffle for Galt and the 12 injured reserve kids and I am very excited to hear whether or not he's over his HW's! It's hard having to wait and I'm sure it's been harder on him though.

He is such a good boy - so grateful and loving. Whoever gets to adopt him is going to be one lucky person. I can't wait until he gets the all clear and can run to his heart's content!

We are cheering for ya Smiley! :D

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Therese I REALLY hope to be able to see him run and play with a toy outside for the first time!!! The last heartworm positive dog we fostered had to be moved to a different fosterhome when he had about a month left to go, I never got to see him run and play :weep

I think he will be hilarious once he gets to cut loose, you will be sure I will have video to post!!!!

Guest GentleHugs

Any word yet? I'm dying to know whether he's negative now or not. :coffee

I can hardly get any work done right now just waiting (can't seem to get my mind off Smiley) and I've got an order to etch glass....... :rolleyes:

We want to hear those fantastic words heartworm free please! :D

Edited by GentleHugs

I'm the same way. We have some stressful things going on here at work, and I'm staying focused on Smiley & not thinking about all the crap. I think Holly was dropping him off early this morning & then had some errands to run. :beatheart

:)

Any update Holly?

Maddie and I are wondering how Smiley did today.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest GentleHugs

I've been on pins and needles all day and my butt is getting kinda sore now! :P

The suspense is killing me and normally I have patience.

I so hope he's negative now! He deserves a really good life with someone who he can smile for every single day!

Guest TheUnrulyHound

OK, well the vet sends out the blood to be tested so it will be tomorrow before we find out anything :( I JUST got home, it has been a very long day.... including getting flu shots for me and Emma.... I should hear sometime tomorrow afternoon I hope and I will update as soon as I hear!!!

I know I know... I was really bummed to not hear those "he's negative" words too... but just a day more.... better than waiting till the 26th right ;)

Keep the prayers coming!!!! He was such a GOOD GOOD boy today!!!!