Hilda's Smiley! Still Fighting Heartworms Update Post 431

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Smiley should be going in tomorrow for his second round of heartworm treatment. He will have to stay at the vet for two nights and supposedly the second treatment is the hardest on them. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.... I will update as I learn anything from the vet on his condition and mood tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. As for today, he is being very calm in his crate and he has some killer gas :rolleyes:

No pictures today, I have been so busy with my sick boy Outlaw to do much else :(

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thoughts and prayers for Smiley. The second treatment is the hardest on them. It's after this treatment you have to be so very careful. This was the part Heart hated the most, crated 24/7 and leash walks only to go potty.

I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest GentleHugs

Any word on how Smiley is doing after his second round of HW treatments yesterday?

Not sure about anyone else but this boy has captured my heart for many reasons. :wub:

I'm keeping him and OutLaw in my prayers. :hope

Any word on how Smiley is doing after his second round of HW treatments yesterday?

Not sure about anyone else but this boy has captured my heart for many reasons. :wub:

I'm keeping him and OutLaw in my prayers. :hope

Ditto

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Well the vet will not contact me specifically, since I am not Smileys owner, I will write to Susie to see what she has heard.....

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Quick update from Susie----

He received the first injection of his second round of HW treatment yesterday, and the 2nd injection this am. He is doing as well as can be expected given what he is going through.

I will pick him up tomorrow in the afternoon......

Guest KyGrey

Sending good thoughts and prayers to Smiley as he continues through his journey to a better life than he has ever known before. This life has already started when he met the angels with GALT and his foster momma Holly. Bless his heart on his continued journey. This boy has so many good things to look forward too.

Bless his heart and all those involved in his life at this time.

Guest GentleHugs
Quick update from Susie----

He received the first injection of his second round of HW treatment yesterday, and the 2nd injection this am. He is doing as well as can be expected given what he is going through.

I will pick him up tomorrow in the afternoon......

Thanks Holly.

I'll continue my prayers for him. He deserves a very special life once he's back to being healthy again.

Hope Smiley is doing well today. That second treatment is a doozie.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee