Hilda's Smiley! Still Fighting Heartworms Update Post 431

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest Heehoo

I don't know about everyone else, but I see a smiley black greyhound boy staying with lil Miss Emma. he he he

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GentleHugs
Well Hopefully I will be able to get some more pics soon..... for now here is one with my little girl Emma giving him love :wub: wellllllll... photobucket is not working right this second so you will have to wait for the pics, but they will be worth it!

ETA here are the pics!

DSCN02572.jpg

DSCN02582.jpg

Stop it Holly! You know I can't take anymore right now! I can only handle 3 hounds at a time and 5 grand daughters at a time! :P

But..... just look at those adorable faces! :wub:

I sure hope Smiley makes it through all of his treatments with flying colors.

Guest TheUnrulyHound

OK guys!! I have had a few of these pictures since last week but it has been a hard week so I didn't get the chance to post them....

Just lounging ;)

DSCN03032.jpg

Treat time!!! :gmark

DSCN02732.jpg

Cute smile :blush

DSCN02942.jpg

whats up there?

DSCN02952.jpg

some ETS just a minute ago :blush

DSCN0317.jpg

a better pic of the whole scene :) he is laying on the floor between the wall and Streamers bed and touching :eek GASP Streamers feet!!! I think if my dogs were more inclined to snuggle he would be right in the middle of a pile of hounds! What a sweet boy :beatheart

DSCN0318.jpg

Praying for a greyt home after his recovery :hope

DSCN02872.jpg

Those are all I have for now :) He has been doing wonderful and has been bellyband free for a day and a half with no marking or accidents!!! he is such a smart boy! He is learning leash manners very quickly as well :beatheart His next heartworm treatment will be around the 9th of August

Guest PhillyPups

Good update on Smiley - love the story rime, my son a nd DIL do that too. $

Looks to me like Smiley already found a wonderful home :rotfl

Just think, with Smiley, we can tell him apart from the crowd :lol

Guest TheUnrulyHound

I can't keep them ALL Pat!!! :eek I have to have restraint...... must restrain......... no.... more ...... hounds....... :gmark

Guest greymama002

I just love the idea of the hounds' story time & Stepper's "reading!" :beatheart:beatheart

:hope that Smiley's treatments continue to go well; he is a sweetheart! :beatheart

:kiss2 precious boy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest HoustonGreys

Well, it takes me a while but I finally find (or rather stumble onto) what I'm searching for! :lol What great photos, Holly! Smiley is so handsome --you know black and brindle go well together ;) and Emma is beautiful and so sweet and loving to the pups! :wub::wub::wub:

Guest KyGrey

Holly, first of all thank you for the updates on this sweet boy.

Next, I just want to say you can NOT keep him because he is NOT brindle. :lol

I know he will get the best home a boy can get when he is through with his treatments. :)

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Smiley is proving to be very photogenic tonite!!! here are some more I just took :)

Smiley: Hey Stepper.... ummmm..... can I sit here?

Stepper: Just don't touch my bunnee...... <_<

DSCN03382.jpg

Stepper: hey man, watch the tail there...... you stay on that side of the moose.....

DSCN03392.jpg

Smiley: Thankyou for sharing your bed with me -_-

Stepper: yea whatever kid......

DSCN03402.jpg

He is adorable Holly! How is he doing with his treatment?

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest Heehoo

Oh what a sweet boy. He's gonna make someone a really special heart doggie. At the rate he's going, he should make someone a greyt Christmas present. :Peace

He reminds me of my sweet Dear. Those soulful eyes.

I think he's absolutely gorgeous and he looks like he's such a sweet dog. Someone is going to be very lucky to get him. I hope his treatments are going well.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Ashley

He is gorgeous, and he could be my Sadie's twin brother! Fingers crossed for a quick, easy recovery for your handsome boy!

Guest greymama002

Oh, Those last pictures of Stepper & Smiley sharing the bed are just so sweet! I hope Smiley's treatments continue to go well!

Guest greytexplorer

How is the HW treatment going, and when will you know if he is cured? (I know nothing about this topic)

AND, how do I get a donkey? I want a donkey like yours!!!! And a goat!!!!!

How is the HW treatment going, and when will you know if he is cured? (I know nothing about this topic)

Pat, you want a goat???? I can send you Ekko :lol We can get Pilotsnpaws to bring her right to your doorstep!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Well the HW treatment is a series of shots, he had his first one already and will have his second around Aug 9th. 60 days after the 9th we will test him for HW again and see what the results are and whether he needs another round of shots. For now he just needs to be very calm. He is a good sport though, it isn't too hard to keep a greyhound calm most of the time :D though he has his moments where I have to tell him to settle.

As for the donkey :rolleyes: they are a blast but be ready for ATTITUDE!!!!! :rotfl boy I bet if he could talk he would have a very..... colorful vocabulary ;):gmark I actually had a goat before Cabby came along... that didn't work :( Goat had to find a new home cause Cabby wanted to eat him!

And now.... for the pics I came to post ;)

Smiley had a bit of dander coming off with his old coat so he needed a good bath to get rid of it :)

"whatcha dooin (foster) Mom? why am I out on the porch? whats that snake thingy?"

DSCN03462.jpg

"CRUELTY!!! I demand a new foster home!!!" :rotfl

DSCN03472.jpg

"you happy now? take me inside!!! put down the flashy box!!!!" <_<

DSCN03512.jpg

:blush

Guest HoustonGreys
:wub::wub::wub: He'd fit it well here, mine don't like their baths either! :lol Each picture of him just melts my heart.

Guest Heehoo

I had to come here & get my "Smiley" for the day :)

So much turmoil going on, I come here to see a big ole puppy that's going to have a happy ending for sure.

When I took BuyCut for his treatments, I took him every 30 days, they kept him for the whole day & I'd pick him up that evening. Then for his last treatment, he didn't get a shot, they drew blood to see if he had any live "filaria" still in the bloodstream & they did an ultra sound on his heart & chest xrays on his lungs. But that's Dr B...he got a clean bill of health. I only saw him have trouble one time, it was with his second treatment. He ran alittle fever & shivered all the way home, so when I got home, I put him on my bed with some warm blankets & he slept there all evening.

Smiley is in the best place possible while going through these treatments. He's got a good foster mommy & a good foster sissy, Emma!

Ohmygosh, look at that face. You'd have better give him a cookie after this. :hehe

DSCN03512.jpg