Cuz Has Cancer.

Guest Cuznsalsmom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sending lots of prayers for your sweet boy.

Cancer is a terrible disease that strikes with no pity. You could not have done anything to prevent this. Keeping him pain free and lavishing him with love is a good plan.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. :sad1:grouphug

Guest ss556

I'm so sorry. Please don't beat yourself up - you did nothing wrong. Cancer stinks to put it mildly and it can sneak up on you. My grey left in a few hours. We had no idea he had cancer (hemangio). Spoil him and keep him as pain free as possible. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Guest Cuznsalsmom

Thank you all so much for your support, it makes this horrible situation a little bit easier to know that Cuz is in your thoughts and prayers. I will keep you updated - as much as I can - my energy is going to him now. Thank you everybody from the bottom of my heart.

Prayers being said here for Cuz. You did nothing wrong, please don't believe that! Love Cuz as much as you can in your remaining time together.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest trevdog

I'm sorry to hear this, it does suck. Don't beat yourself up, there's no way you could have known. Spoil him rotten....and I'd consider maybe seeing if it has spread if you might consider amputation. 10 is not that old, but it is a personal decision, and only you know him best.

Hugs....

Guest MyBoys

My heart is breaking for Cuz and you and your family, I know the pain you are feeling, we have lost 7 of our boys to this dreaded disease, it rears it's ugly head far to often and we end up broken hearted. Keep your boy comfortable and free of pain for as long as possible, enjoy the simple things with him, a belly rub or an ear scratchy, that is what is most important to him. My thoughts and prayers are with Cuz and you and his family. I am so sorry.

Guest FordRacingRon

I don't know your situtation or why you think you did something wrong,,but you did not. I was diagnosed 5 years ago and the same types of things ran through my brain about me,,wondering had I done something different would it had made a difference. But it wouldn't. We have genetic defect and sometimes something triggers them and it just happens. The thing to think about is not what was, but what is and what will be. You fight the bugger, you don't let it take hold of you, or your dogs life. Do what you feel is best for your dog and don't give up hope,,,give out love and cherish your dog and life to it's fullest.

I am so sorry. You did nothing wrong. It's the cancer that is wrong. I hate cancer.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest EmilyAnne

I'm really sorry. :grouphug I think the real reason we question where we went wrong is cause it is hard for us to grasp that it is just beyond our control, and really there is nothing we could have done to prevent it. I have sat there and think back and wished I had done this or that differently, but that's just not the way it works. It is beyond our control and that hurts. :sad1

Guest HeatherDemps

So sorry for this diagnosis..... But, you didn't do anything wrong and couldn't have done anything different. It's a nasty, nasty disease that we all fear yet it sneaks up on us and sucker punches us in the heart and soul.....

My boy was 11.5 when diagnosed with osteo and we did amputation and chemo... had him for 7 months longer and he died from something unrelated to the cancer. Something others told me that always helped- make the best decision you can with all the information you have and never look back- appreciate every moment you've got together....

I lost my Isis to Cancer in March at the ripe young age of 13.

You didn't nothing wrong...the Big C doesn't care who it goes after and there isn't thing one you could do. Enjoy the time you have left and spoil your baby.

Greg

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

I'm so sorry. :( I hope Cuz has lots of happy days left.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am sending lots of Hugs and lots of prayers.... :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry. Cancer is a thief that robs us of our loved ones, please don't think you had a hand in this. :grouphug Sending lots of prayers for Cuz and that you may have lots of time to make more beautiful memories together.

Guest PhillyPups

I so hate cancer - it steals so many way too soon. :bighug

I have been where you are and know the diagnosis comes in like an icy hand and squeezes our heart. I also felt failure that no matter what I did I could not keep cancer out of my hounds.

Enjoy the moments, they are all we have anyway. I will keep you and Cuz in my prayers.