Operation Scheduled For Wednesday

Yesterday I was back at the vet with Paquita.

The result on the needle aspirations were back and luckily the mass isn't malignant.

But it is right on her trachea in a very nasty place.

Since she will have to be on the plane in 7 weeks we aren't going to take the risk that it will suddenly start growing and cause her breathing problems, it will be removed on wednesday.

Still, the fact that she is panting so much, and her fears are so much worse for the last couple of week and she even tried to bite me when I came close to her treat still puzzles us.

So blood was taken friday to thoroughly check it out.

Up to now longs, heart, liver, kidneys and so on are fine.

Only a slight raised Creat. level The rest of her blood is sent of to check for other things like thyroid problems.

:( really hate having to put her through this.

Guest Energy11

I know you hate putting her through this, but think about how much happier she will be once she doesn't have to deal with this anymore? We are keeping you in our thoughts. D

Guest grey_dreams

Hoping for an easy and completely successful operation for Paquita. Also hope her panting fear and irritability are just because of the mass, and once it's gone she will quickly be back to her old self. :hope:candle

She back home, sore but ok.

Threw up 3 times after drinking a bit of water, she must have felt horrible.

They took out the growth and she now has a 2 inch long wound on her neck. Horrible place, both collar and harness will touch it so we have to be really careful.

Before the op I was told her blood was ok, but when the other vet brought her back home, we talked a little (he knows my dogs very, very well and is the vet for the coursingtrack that is close) about the way she is acting lately and he siad to check her thyroid again in one or two months. It was on the low side.

Not low enough to get her on meds yet, but if it goes down more she needs to be on medication.

Also just found out her littermate past away 3 months ago, 2 weeks after an operation. They don't know why, he just didn't wake up one morning.

So I am keeping a real good eye on her, she is only 7 and I need her around a long long time.

Hopefully Paquita will recover fully and very soon! Good luck!

Marco, our Galgo, sends her a special get well lick!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Sending hugs and gentle scritchies to your sweet girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.