Worried About Cougar - Sudden Odd Behavior

Guest TaraCoachCougar

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending extra prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greytful4

I've been where you are and know the emotional roller coaster and worry that comes along with it. I pray he pulls through and comes home a happy healthy Cougar!!! :grouphug

I send wishes, hopes and prayers for an uncomplicated surgery and recovery.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest CDNgreys

When I was little our dog had his spleen removed and he lived for years and years! The only thing we had to do for him was scratch around the incision sight when the fur started growing back and it got itchy. :lol:

Get well soon, Cougar :hope

Sending healing thoughts for Cougar, and hugs for you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Hoping that everything turns out fine for Cougar and for you. Sending tons of prayers.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest greydogluvr
Still waiting to transport. Cougs bit a tech during the ultrasound. Not feeling good

I am sure it was due to the pain. Poor baby. My Clementine bit the tech also when she had her intestinal/stomach issues. I am so sorry Cougar is going through this.

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Keep praying, it's working!!! My only dog is now spleen-free!

Just got back home and the vet called to say it went as well as it could have. He said the mass was all confined and limited to the spleen and they were able to remove all of it.

We were worried about him bleeding out and/or having a reaction to the anesthia, but he said he did great with that. And came out of it well. His job tonight is to rest.

They'll call me around 9am (EST) in the morning, but it will probably be Tuesday before he can come home at the earliest.

After all day of each step becoming worse than the one before indicated, I was preparing myself for the worst. Thank goodness, the tides appear to have turned.

Please keep the good thoughts flowing. :D