Riley Is Sick

Guest EmilyAnne

Guest EmilyAnne

Many of you know my Riley has been ill with cancer. His tumor looks tons better, but his general well being is deteriorating. I thought since the visible tumor was so much smaller, that maybe I could ease up Tramadol. As soon as I do that, he gets the paniced look in his eyes and does non stop panting, so he just has to be kept on max dose of Tramadol. He actually has multiple tumors, as this had spread. :brokenheart Including lymph nodes, Anyways, today he looks glazed over, is not eating, and threw up some clear bile this morning. He still wags his tail though, but it is harder to get him to wag that tail. I called the vet, she said let's try the Sulfracate, (a stronger version of pepcid basically) And if he is not better within 48 hours, then it is probably time to let him go.

Trying to stay strong. :cry1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending hugs and prayers for you and your sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry you are going through this. You are in my thoughts.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

:candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest jettcricket

Having gone thru this with my heart dog, Jett, my heart goes to you. :grouphug

Give that sweet boy a gentle hug from me. I know how incredibly hard it is. :(

Edited by jettcricket

Oh no... :cry1 Sending more prayers and light to your sweet boy. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Sulfracate works differently than pepcid. Check with your Vet but I've had dogs on both at the same time when needed. You have to administer them separately though.

Guest EmilyAnne
Sulfracate works differently than pepcid. Check with your Vet but I've had dogs on both at the same time when needed. You have to administer them separately though.

I'm glad you posted this, my vet didnt say anything about that, and hubby just called her, and she said we are to give the pepcid and Sulfracate a 1/2 hour apart.

Btw, Riley is eating a few nibbles right now...

:grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross