Sterling Has Osteosarcoma

Guest RynnAndLyra

As much as I HATE to read about anyone else going down this osteo/amputation/chemo path, I do love to read (and share) the joy as the dog takes those baby stesp back towards 'normality'. All the little things they do that we take for granted suddenly become massive, fabulous and terribly clever things which we celebrate :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I missed your earlier post! :blink:

Anyway, what a fabulous pair of updates. I'm so thrilled. ONE WEEK and he's "bounding" up stairs, dancing and grinning, and leading his pack! Unbelievable! What a good job you two are doing with him!!

Hugs and "treat e treats" to him and all the rest of your furry family!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest GreenGreys

How is Sterling? Yesterday, I read this thread in its entirety and checked this morning for an update. This is my first posting; I just registered this morning. Our boy, Ranger was diagnosed with osteosarcoma on Friday the 5th and we're in the process of trying to find up. Would love to hear news of your boy since reading his/your story has been both frightening and inspirational.

Guest EmbersDad
As much as I HATE to read about anyone else going down this osteo/amputation/chemo path, I do love to read (and share) the joy as the dog takes those baby stesp back towards 'normality'. All the little things they do that we take for granted suddenly become massive, fabulous and terribly clever things which we celebrate :wub:

that is sooo true. i remember when ember started playing with her toys again. made me want to sing. i had thought that our walks were for sure, a thing of the past, but i slowly worked her back into our full 40 min walk.

Just catching up with your thread and glad to hear that Sterling is doing so well. Gives me hope that Cosmo will be just as resilient after she has her surgery. Please keep posting updates. :)

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

How is Sterling? Yesterday, I read this thread in its entirety and checked this morning for an update. This is my first posting; I just registered this morning. Our boy, Ranger was diagnosed with osteosarcoma on Friday the 5th and we're in the process of trying to find up. Would love to hear news of your boy since reading his/your story has been both frightening and inspirational.

Welcome, GreenGreys. So sorry you came to GT under these circumstances, but stick around. There's so much information, but more, support and caring, to be found here.

Just catching up with your thread and glad to hear that Sterling is doing so well. Gives me hope that Cosmo will be just as resilient after she has her surgery. Please keep posting updates. :)

Oh no. I missed your story! I'll have to go look.

Merann's back at work, and I don't want to speak for her without permission, but I will say she emailed with the news that Sterling continues to thrive.

Now I'll go bug her at work. :lol

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Guest greydogluvr

Yeah, Sterling. I am so thrilled that your boy is continuing to do so well. Now, we really need some pictures. :pinkele:confetti

Edited by greydogluvr

Merann posted yesterday afternoon on Cosmo's thread:

Sterls had his stitches out today and everything looks good! He even got on his couch today - for the first time since the surgery!!

Gentle readers, are we ready to start agitating for PHOTOGRAPHS??? :P

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Guest RynnAndLyra

Xan - I have a ton of pictures on my camera. Now they just need to get on the computer....

We played fetch in the backyard yesterday and he RAN for the toy and brought it back to me four times!!!!

Guest VirginiaGreys

I want to see pics too....as does Dodge. I posted some pics of Dodge post amp on EG....I think we should have a thread of all the tripods ...what does everyone think?

Guest RynnAndLyra

Rats - my laptop here at work doesn't have the little thing that you plug the card into and I don't have the cable with me. I will do them from my home computer tonight! He looks great! His Xrays are on Friday to look at the lungs!

We have PICTURES!!

Lookit this moose of a boy! Merann says he came all the way up 3 flights of stairs to hang out with her while she got ready for work this morning! :bounce

037.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

(Can you believe her house?? She has a bazillion cats, too. In my house, with my cats, plants are chewed up and yacked up instantly, and all that crystal on the table?? Would be a million shards in an instant! :rofl )

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Guest VirginiaGreys

Sterling is so handsome...and going up the steps already?!! Dodge has too...but then sometimes he gets scared and won't go up.

He looks wonderful too! :wub: :wub:

Guest RynnAndLyra

Thank you Xan - so much for posting for me!!!

Yes - today was the first time he came up all the stairs to get his morning pats (and treat e treat) since his surgery!!!

He does sometimes hesitate - trying to get his feet in the right position before coming up. Going down is a breeze.

And - he slept through all last night without needing a potty break!!!!

Friday we go to the radiologist who diagnosed him for more X-rays of the lungs. If those are clear - then it is off to the Oncologist to begin chemo.

He is happy - I swear he is smiling!! He is almost completely off the pain meds. My boy is back!!!!

Guest greydogluvr

He looks great. He IS smiling. What great photos of a beautiful boy. I am so glad he is doing so well. He made my day!!!!!!

Edited by greydogluvr

Guest RynnAndLyra

We just got back from the Diagnostic Imaging place. Sterling't lungs are completely clear!!!! Yahooooooooo!!! We can go forward with the chemo!!!!!!

Poor guy slipped on their floor when they were taking him back and fell on his incision - which then weeped a bit.

We are home and he is going to have a great dinner!!!!

I am soooo happy!!!!