A Proper Tribute To My Girl

Guest Gingergrey

Guest Gingergrey

Hello everyone!

I have been on GT since the end of last December and have been posting in the various forums. You all know me as GINGERGREY. The time has finally come to write my tribute to my girl GINGER. Ginger was the perfect grey. She was a large light fawn female who was beautiful and smart. She was so lovable and such a good dog, great with my children, and affectionate to the entire family. She was particularly close to my oldest daughter Emily. They had a very strong bond and Ginger slept with her every night. She was the heart and soul of our lives. She would love to go for car rides and play outdoors with the kids. She would love to run around my daughter in circles while being held on the leash. She used to greet my daughter every day when she returned home from school, she looked forward to being at the door a certain time every day and would get very excited and happy. Ginger was very popular at our Vet's office and showed everyone how wonderful greyhounds are. She put a smile on everyone's face. For our family, she was one of us. We loved her as much as she loved us. You could do anything to her. The kids used to dress her up in their clothes and put holiday hats on her to which she never objected. She was a good sport who went along with anything you wanted to do. She had no problems doing the steps in our house, and she never complained about anything.

In October of last year she began to not eat so well. She was never a great big eater anyway so initially we were not so concerned, but we ended up taking her to the vet and it took a while to rule out several different diseases. We even ruled out cancer which he thought was a possibility. We were happy about that. But it turned out that she has other processes going on in her body which was totally unexpected. She previously had been very healthy, which made this even more scarey. As time went by she got weaker and lost a lot of weight. It turned out that she had something called Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia (IMHA). There were so many emotional ups and downs over the course of the last few months she was on this earth. It was tearing us apart to watch her go downhill. We gave her every chance possible to try to survive this illness, even a blood transfusion. But fate had other plans.

On December 6th, 2008 we made the decision to help her make a smoother transition to the bridge. She was five years old-approx. two months short of her 6th birthday. She was with us only 4 days short of two years. Needless to say, our holidays were miserable, we were so unhappy, and cried all of the time. We still cry. But there is a lesson to be learned here. When we first adopted her we thought we would have her for many years and she would live to old age. We now learned we can never make that assumption and we have to cherish each day, for every day is a gift.

So now we live with the hope that someday we all will see our beloved girl again and look forward to that happy reunion.

Dear GINGER,

We love you and miss you terribly. Your empty crate, a symbol of our great loss. We look at your pictures all the time. Your pretty pink collar sits on your girl's dresser with your picture. We know you are watching over your family and smiling. We hope you are having a wonderful time at the rainbow bridge dear girl. I could just imagine you on your Magic Carpet flying through the breeze.

RUN LIKE THE WIND sweet GINGER...Time will bring us together again-I promise!

LOVE, VICKY and the other Brinkmanns

th_DSCF1576.jpgth_DSCF1156.jpg

I am so very sorry!!!!!!! :grouphug :grouphug :f_white:f_pink That is a Beautiful Tribute of memories! We can never lose them until we meet them again one day....

:gh_run2 Run Free Beautiful Girl!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I'm so sorry. :cry1 She was much too young.

Godspeed Ginger.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest redreed

That was a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl!!

I'm so sorry for your loss, I had a "good-sport" too and they are amazing!!

Guest houndstooth4

That was a beautiful tribute to your girl! I am sorry for your loss! It's never easy no matter when it happens.

:f_pink

What a beautiful tribute. I am so sorry for your loss.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so sorry your time together was so short. Ginger must have been on a mission, because it sounds like she took every opportunity to create a memory for you. Beautiful tribute.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

What a lovely tribute to Ginger. I am so sorry you lost your beautiful girl so young. She sounds like she was happy and loved and experienced everything life could offer during her life with you. May all the sweet memories of Ginger in time bring you and your family comfort.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest TurnerMiller01

THANK YOU so much for sharing this touching tribute of your beautiful girl, ginger!!

I'm so sorry for your loss, may the sweet memories of your beloved Ginger help to ease this pain.

many hugs...

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

:hope:hope

What a sweet sounding girl and lost far too young. I am sorry for you and your family that she had to be taken from you so soon.

Run free Ginger, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.