It's Not Tough Love...

Tonight is a NO eat night. I can not physically or emotionally do any more than I have done. I have taken 11 hours and 25 minutes today trying to get him to eat his food with everything under the sun mixed in it and it's a no go. I just can't take 11-12 hours a day to try and get him to eat...go to work...take care of Fred and Dee and Renee. Didn't even eat myself tonight I was too tired. I'm not upset with him...I'm not frustrated with "him" I just can't do anything else today. I love him so much...and I wish I had my Flashy back. :blush

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh big hugs for you....that is so frustrating...Cody has been in that phase lately...I have no idea how you manage so many things going on in your life. You deserve mother, wife and dog owner of year awards simultaneously!!

:bighug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest BlackandBrindle

:grouphug :grouphug

Get some rest tonight and try not to worry about it. One day of no food is ok. Tomorrow you both get a fresh new start and maybe he'll be hungry enough to inhale all of his food. :grouphug

oh, Pat...IT WILL BE BETTER TOMORROW!

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

I wish I could be there to give you a day off.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm so sorry Patti, that kind of frustration and worry just wears you down. So much on your plate, I really wish I could help

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I wish I could offer something other than trite words.

Tomorrow is another day.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I know how you feel about Flash and I know how exhausted I was doing hospice on two dogs let alone a dog and two people! :grouphug

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but assuming he is on stomach meds:

do not mix foods trying to get him to eat. Most of them (all that I have had) will not eat mixed foods. You have better luck finding one thing they like. If you put one thing in they like and there are 1 or more they don't, they won't eat. Most of those who are having a problem eating, will eat late at night better than during the day. Warmed is more enticing than room temp or cold. I would take straight EVO canned and warm it a little. Annie loves chicken, won't touch beef (same brand). Rotissere or fried turkey or chicken is usually a hit (turkey more than chicken) Macaroni & cheese sometimes works. Lunch meat usually will go over ok.

I remember Hattiemae putting different things on a paper plate and turning the plate until her girl found what she wanted. No mixing.

I wish I were close enough to help.....

Sending prayers.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest Energy11

How is everything today?

Like Burpdog said, I, too have been there, done that, with a husband, and now, my Cufrew (Hospice). I KNOW what it feels like to be overwhelmed, believe me!

My DH and I are soooooooooooooooooooooo EXHAUSTED! At least I don't have to go to work *WANT TO, but can't find a job to save my life!!

I agree with the others, eventually, your baby WILL get hungry and eat. Our Cari went through that for about a week! All she would eat was treats, so, we crushed them up, and that is what she ate. She is STILL picky today.

Tonight, for you ... maybe a glass of wine and a bubble bath? Works wonders!

Keep us posted! Love, Dee :grouphug

Patti is there any chance that not eating is Flash's emotional response to stress? The fact that he will eat cookies from your hand makes me wonder if this is more then a physical ailment. Just a suggestion to consider. I hope that he starts eating with gusto really, really soon.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm sorry Patti. :sad1 Sending hugs your way... hang in there!! :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.