Matty (daring Grandlass)

Guest MnMDogs

Guest MnMDogs

Matty Beast, Matty Bear, Mattatattat, My sweet sweet Matty Girl.

DSC_0071.jpg

I've been putting off writing anything about our girl hoping that a few days would help ease some of the raw pain of losing her so quickly to OS. It hasn't. I also can't bear to think of her in the past tense. Plus, nothing I write here can adequately capture just what she meant to me and to Ryan.

She was so full of life. Matty greeted each day with the energy and playfulness of a puppy, and ensured that her daddy and I did the same. We're going to miss so much about her - her morning whine to wake us up, her love of the sunshine and sunning herself, her whirling dervish spins in the living room and bedroom, her frenetic digging in the rug and on the beds when she got caught up in a play session, her happy happy Matty sounds at dinner time, her happy front feet stamp and prance whenever we started a walk or met a neighbor, her very efficient pre-wash of all our dishes, her eyes that I swear could see into my soul.

Most of all, we just miss her. The past 4 days have been so painfully quiet, I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. OS took her way too young, but I'm comforted knowing we made the most of every single day we had with her. She deserved nothing less, and there is a big hole in our home and our lives right now. I know it will get better with time, but right now it's hard to believe that she's gone.

DSC_0011.jpg

matty-sun-3.jpg

We love you Matty girl.

Edited by MnMDogs

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ohiogreymom

I'm so very sorry you lost your precious girl so soon. :grouphug My Reggie has started limping, and this is my nightmare. :( Run free sweetheart! :f_red:f_red:gh_run

Guest jettcricket

Feeling your pain...I'm so sorry. :( When will they ever find a cure for this monster called osteo?

Run free sweetie....I know my babies Jett and Cricket were there to show your sweet girl around. :f_red

I hope that we can both find some comfort in knowing our girls knew how very much we love them. That I don't know what to do with myself is the worst feeling in the world.

And even though we know we had to help our girls to leave, it rips our hearts out.

Matty, run with all the Angels beautiful girl and know you fought with dinity and with grace. And please, continue to watch over those who love you.

God speed baby girl

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest redreed

I'm so sorry for your loss!!! I know the quietness you mean and how much it hurts. Take comfort in her beautiful life and the joys you all shared.

Perfect sweet brindle girlie :wub: .

Sending gentlest hugs to you and yours. I'm sorry she couldn't stay longer.

Godspeed, Matty.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

That last picture of her is just perfect :wub: I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Matty :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest greymama002

So sorry that your beautiful joyful Matty didn't get more time with you. She sounds like such a special girl who enjoyed life to the fullest. Run like the wind, precious girl! :gh_runner

I am so very sorry for your loss. That last picture is absolutely beautiful and I am sure that it captured her perfectly. May your memories bring you comfort.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest ss556

I am so very sorry of your loss of such a sweet girl. My thoughts and prayers are with you. It's been 18 days and I'm so very lost. Godspeed Matty.

f_yellow

"She will always be young. She will always be beautiful and it gives me great comfort to know that she's up there on my side."

Sun yourself all you want, sweet Matty. Watch over those who loved you. Godspeed. :f_pink

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead