Jb La Fem Nikita 1/18/98 - 5/1/06

duncan41

Greyhound_Jb_la_Fem_Nikita.jpg

She was the best 1st Greyhound a person could ever dream of. She was a return, 7-1/2 years old, whose owners had reached an age where they couldn't properly care for her or her adopted brother. Her brother was rehomed right away, but Nikki languished in the kennel for 4 months. We had been without a dog for 7 years when I decided to fulfill a long ago promise to consider adopting a Greyhound. My search was brief because there is a track adoption group close by. When I saw her photo on the adoption website, I knew immediately that she was "the one".

Exactly ninety days after she walked through my front door and straight into my heart, she was diagnosed with lymphosarcoma. Fortunately, I was granted another 5-1/2 months to spoil her rotten and fall hopelessly in love.

She never met a stranger; two legged or four. She was simply the best. My heart dog.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

It will be five years on Monday that I lost my lymphoma girl, Cosmo, to old age and my misuse of prednisone.

Wow, it seems like yesterday and a lifetime ago all at once, doesn't it?

Hugs,

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

The way I'm figuring, you gave her the best eight and a half months a girl could ever have. Not long enough....

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I'm so sorry you couldn't have longer together.

Godspeed, precious lovely girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PiagetsMom

I know it wasn't long enough, but I'm so glad that you found each other. She was a beautiful girl.......I'm so very sorry :grouphug

My deepest condolences to you for your loss. :grouphug I'm glad she got to live out her day in your loving care. She'll never be forgotten... :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest BlackandBrindle

I am so sorry your time was short :grouphug :grouphug

I am sure no one could have loved her more. You are in our thoughts and prayers :grouphug

Nikki was such a beautiful girl. You were able to give her lots of love and care during the time that she spent with you. Although she left you far too soon, that was such a gift for Nikki to have had a second chance at love. If only she could have stayed longer.........

:f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

What a beautiful angel. I'm so very sorry for your loss :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)