It's Flash

Guest how888

Our poor Flashers.. I think he is getting like Nike.. Very spoiled.. Gee wonder why!! He now will only eat if I squirt a dab of whip cream on his food.. If i don't he walks away. If I say or spell the word he goes crazy and runs in circles.. Ha. The kids gave it to him a few times and we has been in love ever since!!! He is just picky and so spoiled.. I love him that way...LOL... I think the Flashman knows you have lots of company and are busy and he just needs some tender loving care so bring him on here to us...Ha.. WE will settle him down abit.... Poor Flashers....Does he try to sleep with Dee or Renee? I know he feels her pain and just doesn;'s't feel himself right now... Poor sweetie face... :blush:blush:unsure

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patti- how are his poops?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest ShelbyzMom

If you are eating, will he want what you have? Sometimes I have to pretend to eat Shelby's food :blush so she'll eat.

Hoping that Flashy eats his food :hope:goodluck

Well...we got Flashy's lab results. His liver values are up even more from 3 weeks ago. His AST is 98.....ALT is 419....GGT is 22...and Bilirubin is 0.6 His fecal was negative. Again...ultrasound shows nothing remarkable. So they are treating this as a Hepatitis and have started him on Amoxicillin and Metronidazol. Then labs will be done again in one month. The good news is...I boiled up a bunch of chicken legs and took the skin off and shredded all the meat up and I cooked little O's pasta...they are the size of spaghetti O's and I cooked them in the chicken broth. I put 1.5 cups of kibble in his bowl and put the chicken and pasta in there and mixed it up well and put a spoonful on top...HE ATE IT ALL and he ENJOYED it too! Tonight...2 cups of kibble and the chicken and pasta mixture...He ATE IT ALL! He also had cookies tonight and he had some french fries from Portillos. :D One thing we have to work on...is finding something to give him his pills in as he is sick of can food...won't take cream cheese or peanut butter...tonight I had to pill him and I hate that...we will figure something out. :grouphug

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Well, drat. What the heck is going on with that liver stuff??????! But I'm glad smart mom got him to eat. All paws and fingers crossed that he can get past this quickly, Patti.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest KyGrey

Make a little ball on a small piece of bread and put the pill in the middle of the ball

Vienna sausages

Wrap a small piece of cheese around the pill

I'm trying to think of all the ways I use on Lee Lee. Sometimes I just have to pill him too. I hate it but at times it's just the quickest way and then he gets a small treat reward afterwards for being good taking his pills.

Spencer hates metronidazole and no matter what I hid it in, he knew it was there. When I tried hiding it in food, he started mistrusting his food and stopped eating. So what worked for us is I put the pill in a gelcap (size 00) and push it way far back in his throat. He swallows, and we're done!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Glad to hear Flashy is eating. I have never had a dog refuse to eat a pill that was buried in a chunk of liverwurst, by the way. Might try that.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Excellent ideas for the pills! Thanks all. :)

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

It's so good to hear that boy ate!!

It got tough giving Misty her pills too and ice cream worked for awhile.

Her liver values were way up and my vet felt that it was going to be the easiest to get under control. So all good thoughts for the Flashman.

Please tell him Wayne is so happy to hear that he ate!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Yep! Liverwurst!!! Ours will NEVER turn that away. I'm glad to hear the Flashman is starting to snarf up the food again.

Now for you, Patti. How can you even IMPLY, let alone admit, that you have been to Portillos! How cruel can you BE! I would KILL for an Italian Beef from Portillos. I want one and I want it

NOW!

Was it good? Yummy? What did you have? I want a bite by bite description.......

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

:lol:lol:lol We LOVE Portillos and it is less than a mile away from our house...so we go often. Fred had a beef with mozzarella and hot peppers...Dee had a beef with mozzarella and sweet pepers...Renee had chicken tenders and onion rings...and I had a hamburger and we all had fries...might I add their chocolate cake is the BOMB! :)

Yep! Liverwurst!!! Ours will NEVER turn that away. I'm glad to hear the Flashman is starting to snarf up the food again.

Now for you, Patti. How can you even IMPLY, let alone admit, that you have been to Portillos! How cruel can you BE! I would KILL for an Italian Beef from Portillos. I want one and I want it

NOW!

Was it good? Yummy? What did you have? I want a bite by bite description.......

Usethisone.jpg

Ok, now you've done it. I'm hungry and about 1800 miles away from Portillos!

Oh, and yes, I use Pill Pockets exclusively and they are the bomb! Of course, I have trained The Girls to come running for "pills"; "Who wants a pill?" I started them out giving Pill Pockets with nothing in them, just so they would be good and familiar with how yummy they are. When Suze had her little brush with death, she came home with two rx, so out came the pill pockets, which all three had to have twice a day. Worked like a charm every time! BUT, I must say that I have heard that some dogs have incredible noses so using tweezers to insert the pills into the pockets is advised so that there will be no odor transfer from fingers to the pocket when closing it up.

So happy that Flash is eating! :yay:yay:yay:yay:yay

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest kelli123

I use raw hamburger little balls and the pill in the middle. They love it. Any thing else they sift out the pills and spit them out. So raw hamburger here for pill time. Hope your baby getts feeling better.

Swiss cheese and canned cat food always work for us.

I'm so glad Flashy is eating his Chicken O's! Go Flashy!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Spencer hates metronidazole and no matter what I hid it in, he knew it was there. When I tried hiding it in food, he started mistrusting his food and stopped eating. So what worked for us is I put the pill in a gelcap (size 00) and push it way far back in his throat. He swallows, and we're done!

Been there. Done that. Worked beautifully.

Sending good thoughts for Flash.

Guest Pipi5
Well...we got Flashy's lab results. His liver values are up even more from 3 weeks ago. His AST is 98.....ALT is 419....GGT is 22...and Bilirubin is 0.6 His fecal was negative. Again...ultrasound shows nothing remarkable. So they are treating this as a Hepatitis and have started him on Amoxicillin and Metronidazol. Then labs will be done again in one month. The good news is...I boiled up a bunch of chicken legs and took the skin off and shredded all the meat up and I cooked little O's pasta...they are the size of spaghetti O's and I cooked them in the chicken broth. I put 1.5 cups of kibble in his bowl and put the chicken and pasta in there and mixed it up well and put a spoonful on top...HE ATE IT ALL and he ENJOYED it too! Tonight...2 cups of kibble and the chicken and pasta mixture...He ATE IT ALL! He also had cookies tonight and he had some french fries from Portillos. :D One thing we have to work on...is finding something to give him his pills in as he is sick of can food...won't take cream cheese or peanut butter...tonight I had to pill him and I hate that...we will figure something out. :grouphug

:grouphug:yay:grouphug

This is fantastic news!!!

glad he's eating!!! :yay :yay :yay

(and there's a Portillo's about a 1/2 mile from us too on Lake Street :D :D :D)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

You keep it up Flashy! I second wrapping the pill in cheese. It works here every time.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Well...the eating is VERY slow today and the pills are even worse. Just got back from Petco with pill pockets and got some liver sausage too...he will not eat cheese and he loves cheese...ugh....this is so frustrating!

Usethisone.jpg