Hannah Is Limping - Another Update Post 1 :(

Guest hannahmom

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Energy11
Hannah is limping and I have a horrible, nausea inducing feeling in the pit of my stomach.

The bad little thing that came in from the yard once with 8 square inches of her leg completely skinned and never noticed is moving stiffly and cannot get comfortable.

The vet can see her Friday, but did prescribe an anti inflamatory and mild painkiller to make her more comfortable.

It just can't be osteo. My 3 time bounce girlie who lost her vision and her brother within 6 weeks cannot be really ill - can she?

Any good wishes and happy thoughts you have floating around gratefully accepted - I know I've offered to sell her to the gypsies at least once a week for the past 4 years, but I really can't bear the thought that my little brindle shadow might have to leave.

Don't think "the worst" yet! Give those anti inflammatory drugs time to do their thing! Just think of all the aches, pains, etc. WE HUMANS get from running, using brand new exercise equipment, etc., and how well NSAIDs like Ibuprophen work. What did the vet give you? I PERFER Deramaxx. Love and prayers go out to you from all of us! Dee, John, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari. Bold Energy, Dasher and Max, from "The Bridge!" :-)

Guest gonewtthewind1

Her sisters Maddie and Snazzey are sending all of their good thoughts. It's not Osteo! I'm sending lots of good thoughts too.

Becky

I'm thinking about you and Hannah today too. Hoping hard for the right answer.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Pipi5
Limping could be many things. Might want to get an x-ray done if she's still limping on Friday. Hopefully it'll clear up by then! Sending good thoughts and prayers to your special girlie. :hope

Exactly...I took BuyCut to the vet for very bad limping, practically dragging his leg & the xrays showed nothing. It turned out to be a blood clot instead. It could be anything from a broken toe, a broken toe nail at the bone, a pulled muscle, even a cracked quarter bone.

Deep breaths!!! :beatheart

Edited by Pipi5

Me threehundredelebenth.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Me too.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Me also.

(Unable to top Batmom.)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest hannahmom

OK - we're back

The good news is that nothing in any of the examinations or tests indicate osteo - I feel like I can breathe for the first time in days. :confetti:D :D :D

Our vet believes that it is a slipped disc that has inflamed and pinched a nerve on her left side, probably caused by doing donuts in the back yard.

She said that the way I described Hannah carrying her leg made it almost certain that decreasing the inflamation would bring relief and cessation of the limp. If Boo isn't back to normal levels of bad in 2 or 3 days, we go back and start looking at chiropractic options.

Some heavier duty anti inflamatories and some Clavamox ( another UTI - sigh) were sent home with us. We discontinued the pain meds so we could judge the effectiveness of the anti inflams - but I will monitor and ensure that she never gets above mild discomfort.

Poor Hannah ended the visit with having her anals expressed - she is sooo not talking to me. :rolleyes:

My baby isn't going to die just yet - I was convinced that I was going to lose her so soon after losing Chinghis - I didn't sleep much and had horrible dreams of taking her in tonight and leaving alone.

Thank you for your good thoughts, they helped keep Hannah's Mom sane

Edited by hannahmom

Guest Vinnie

Woohoo, we like a good update in this section! So glad that your girl is back home, I am sure she will be talking to you soon enough. Gracie hates when we do her glands too - and they keep offering to show us how to do it, but I draw the line at that one. :lol Hope the meds help and she gets quick relief. Sending additional healing thoughts, hugs and scritches.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :confetti:couchjump *spinning around on computer chair*

:D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!