I Think About You All The Time My Friend,

Guest TinasTroops

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mommy Trish,

It's me Bebe. I miss you lots and lots and thought I'd let you know that I am a happy girl so you won't worry about me. I have a good time living with all of Mommy Judy's and Daddy Mike's hounds. I have a crush, can you guess who.................it's Arrow. We love each other very much. I still miss you and daddy but I'm happy, healthy and playful. I love you mommy.

Bebe

IMG_6743.jpg

IMG_6736.jpg

I think of you often Trish. Every time I look at Bebe I see you. I know you're up there watching over all of our angels and I love you for it.

Judy

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest KyGrey
Hi Mommy Trish,

It's me Bebe. I miss you lots and lots and thought I'd let you know that I am a happy girl so you won't worry about me. I have a good time living with all of Mommy Judy's and Daddy Mike's hounds. I have a crush, can you guess who.................it's Arrow. We love each other very much. I still miss you and daddy but I'm happy, healthy and playful. I love you mommy.

Bebe

IMG_6743.jpg

IMG_6736.jpg

I think of you often Trish. Every time I look at Bebe I see you. I know you're up there watching over all of our angels and I love you for it.

Judy

Judy, that was so sweet!

I miss her so much.

Trish's Sunset

I miss ya girl, the world is a better place because of you!!! :candle

post-570-1240363895_thumb.jpg

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest VelvetEars

I had two msgs from A tonight:

I read all the postings about Trish, I thought I was doing good by not crying for the last few months, but the postings changed all that. I have been dreading this time, didn't know how I was going to handle it. I decided to get to work and just keep busy. It helped. I think Riley senses what is going on because he has been acting like a goofball today.

Thank everyone for me for all the postings, tried to get in, but gt wouldn't let me in, or I just didn't know how to get in.

I have been pretty silent for the past year, however I do need to comment here..

Trish and I would talk on the phone a lot. She would call me just to chat.. I remember our discussions about her and Adrian and when he asked her to marry him. It was a long discussion and I told her that he was a man who loved her for who she was and thats a very important part of a relationship. I discussed with her how he was always there to help her and to just be there for her. I think she wanted assurance that she was doing the right thing. Adrian had been such a big part of her life and loved her very much. I am saddened that their time together was short but I know she is waiting for him. She loved her hounds and was a wonderful and caring person that loved everyone. She had a heart the size of the universe and she touched so many lives. I also feel sure her pain is gone and she is smiling down on all of us. I know its weird but her phone number is still programmed in my cell phone.. I just haven't gotten to the point of removing it. God gives us gifts everyday even if we don't realize it or not. Sometimes you don't know of that gift until its gone.. But some gifts live on in our lives and memories.. Just like Trish.. She will live on in our lives and memories forever...

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie

Guest Pipi5
Hi Mommy Trish,

Bebe

IMG_6736.jpg

Judy

Judy I'm the same way with Jack. Everytime I look at those sparkly brown eyes, I wonder how much of what he is now is what Trisha molded in to him.

For now I can't read any posts about Flippy, I know that's selfish, but Trisha couldn't wait for Flippy to come home.

Judy, we were some of the lucky ones who got to know Trisha in person.

I remember last year at GIG, I bunch of us had gathered to do a roo for Trish. I think my Tess was the only one who actually rooed, but our hearts were with Trish. It's amazing how she touched the lives of so many people, her friends especially, but even those she had never met. I'm one of those who never talked to her in person or on the phone, but we'd PM'ed a few times about things we had in common. And I think she did that a lot, didn't she? She was always able to make someone feel like she was truly interested in what was going on with them. I wondered how she did it, and realized that it was a true gift. So even though I wasn't lucky enough to know her personally, I was in awe of her incredibly generous spirit. And I miss her too.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

What I want to do with my memory of Trish is to celebrate who she was, and the child-like innocence she had. Her joy in simple things (Adrian, PINK! Barbies, her dogs, her art, her work with hospice patients and their families ... ) is like being presented with a pink sprinkled cupcake. As I look out at the dandelions on the green grass, I choose to be happy, and take in the pleasure that is all around me. Life can be far too short, so seize the day, Friends of Trish!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

OK, I was doing mostly ok reading through here until I got to this one. Bebe, I'm glad you're happy, little girl! Your mama-trish loved you very very much. But Peatie needed her to keep him company.

I remember you, Trish. I remember your laugh, your enthusiasm, your unending ideas & energy. As long as you're remembered, you're never really gone. That means you'll be around for a long, long time.

f_yellow

Hi Mommy Trish,

Bebe

IMG_6743.jpg

IMG_6736.jpg

Judy

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

• 11 months later...

Trish was thinking of getting a bulldog before she left; she and I discussed it occasionally. Now that we've sent Butkus up to be with her, she's got the best of the best. I take comfort in knowing she's got a hand on all of our bridge babies, and an eye on all of us.

A dear friend lost but never forgotten.

c94d6598.jpg

:grouphug

oh I know something was important today, gosh... 2 years already!

I mis you so much Trish

Trish was thinking of getting a bulldog before she left; she and I discussed it occasionally. Now that we've sent Butkus up to be with her, she's got the best of the best. I take comfort in knowing she's got a hand on all of our bridge babies, and an eye on all of us.

Yes she talk to me about bulldog via msn! I'm sure Butkus is in greyt hands!

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

I can't believe it's been two years. I know Trish would be happy knowing Bebe and Flippy are doing well. I haven't heard from Adrian for a very long time. I hope he is well also. I wonder if Trish is still visiting him?

Missing you Trish. Bebe sends love and kisses and a big hug from me.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I was just thinking of Trish yesterday and thought I should look up when she had left us. Today I see this thread and can't believe it's been 2 years already.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Yes, it has been 2 years that has gone by, not 1!

I will never forget because I had my ruptured cerebral aneurysm on November 11, 2007 then I lost a very dear friend almost 5 months later to the very same thing that almost took my life.

I still have her emails on my computer, can't bring myself to delete them.

She loved Miss Nellie as much as we did...in fact, so much that she made Adrian drive her to Ohio so she could meet her in person!

She brought joy to my life at times when I didn't know if I could ever feel joy again.

Missing you, Trish.

Edited to add that it is ironic that April is National Donate Life month...even in her death Trish continued to help others.

Edited by greytdecals

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

Isn't it wonderful how Trish still touches our lives?

Some of you know that Nancy (GreyhoundNan) Daisy's Mom and I recently published a book "Are You Sitting Down?", I had the honour of writing Flippy's story. I've never faced something so difficult, yet at the same time so wonderful. Thanks to Xan I was able to locate and read Trish's blog, that was the difficult part. Then put Trish's own words into our book, that was the wonderful part. Now, Trish's excitement over Flippy and her journey as her FTH preadopter is recorded forever, a bittersweet accomplishment.

I still have her emails on my computer, can't bring myself to delete them.

She loved Miss Nellie as much as we did...in fact, so much that she made Adrian drive her to Ohio so she could meet her in person!

She brought joy to my life at times when I didn't know if I could ever feel joy again.

Missing you, Trish.

Edited to add that it is ironic that April is National Donate Life month...even in her death Trish continued to help others.

I understand Suzie, I still have Trish as my Facebook friend and can't remove her.

I remember how much Trish loved Miss Nellie. She had the Hope for Hounds logo tattooed on her shoulder with Miss Nellie's name under it. We had the plans for our first auction under way when Miss Nellie left for the bridge, Trish asked me if we could hold the auction in her name.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

:cry1

I will never forget the day that I came home from work to find the thread telling us all what had happened. I couldn't go to class that night. I never met Trish in person, but had always hoped to. She always had such a positive spirit, even though things were tough for her sometimes. I really admired her strength.

With all of the Bridge angels that have arrived over the last couple of years, I'm sure she's got her hands full :) She is greatly missed.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest vahoundlover

It's hard to believe it's been 2 yrs. Trish was truly a special soul who touched so many lives with her strength and compassion.

flowers_pink.gif