Hello From Az

Guest kineticpoet

Guest kineticpoet

Hello!

I wanted to introduce myself, and my greyhound Draco. We live in Maricopa, Arizona with another human friend and two little dachshunds.

I've been lurking on this forum for a great while, until I finally had an email address I could register with. :)

I adopted Draco (formally Hey Knocker) from AAGI in July of 2008. He's my very first greyhound and just recently turned 5 years old. He's an oreo dog, mostly back with a little bit of white on the chest, feet, tail... and eventually his face - he's slowly greying. I named him Draco after the constellation (though, I do love Harry Potter) since most of him is black but he has a few white "stars" (hairs) that reminds me of a night sky.

He's a total lover boy. He loves to bite tags off of stuffies/beds/anything with a tag, go for long walks, race around the backyard like a mad man, sleep, eat and potty on the flowers. Looking forward to getting to know all of you...

3439395198_975f3745f8.jpg

3439395152_3cec41370d.jpg

3438583859_af1f1a3409.jpg

Edited by kineticpoet

Guest widowcali

Welcome from Phoenix. You are not too far away from the greyt revolutionary, Guinness the Greyt.

Hopefully one of these days you can go to one of the many gatherings that are not too far from here. They are loads of fun, and a lot of GTers sometimes get together at them.

Welcome Draco and human! :D

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest BlackandBrindle

Hi! We are in Tucson (not so far away :) )

Draco is a very handsome boy! Do you know what his racing name was?

Welcome to the site. :)

Guest kineticpoet

So many from AZ here, how exciting!! :)

His racing name was "Hey Knocker". I was able to go to the Phoenix Greyhound Track website yesterday and they keep archives of old races and was able to see some of his last races just yesterday! His sire was Dodgem by Design and his mom's name is Hey Knock it Off.

Greetings from Gainesville, FL!

Draco is a beautiful boy and I love his name, as I'm a huge Harry Potter fan!

:welcome2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest greyfamily

Hello from Canada!!!!

I too have a beautiful black boy with a white chest, toes and tail tip. And my boy's is an offspring of Dodgem by Design too!!!!

This place is great for information!!!!

Welcome

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Welcome to GT!

Love the lil white slippers on Draco!

I live in Mesa AZ... so hello from another Arizonian!

Draco is a cutie!! :wub: :wub: I love that last picture... what a cute schnoz that is!

We nearly named Sagan Draco. It's a great name! :clap

Welcome to GreyTalk! :welcome2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Draco is a beautiful little boy. Welcome from Wisconsin who has relatives in Arizona (doesn't everyone?)

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Hello from Virginia.

Draco is a real cutie.

We hope to be in AZ someday. We have land in Yucca.

Hugs,

Darlene, Santannah and Selena

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 33.09 KB (33,886 bytes) file size.

Darlene and Garon with Selena-JCKC 5/23/2005 & Mosa-RDR 2/5/2010

Missing Santannah Belle-NSRA 7/7/2001- 9/6/2012

So many from AZ here, how exciting!! :)

His racing name was "Hey Knocker". I was able to go to the Phoenix Greyhound Track website yesterday and they keep archives of old races and was able to see some of his last races just yesterday! His sire was Dodgem by Design and his mom's name is Hey Knock it Off.

Wayne raced at Phoenix until an injury ended his career

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless