Fenway Is Sick

Guest FenwaysDad

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just catching up...............saw this about poor Fenway! Aw, hope he's feeling much better tomorrow!

Oh, and about worrying about the baby (btw: congratulations!!), you'll do just fine! You passed this little exercise provided by Fenway with flying colors!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest FullMetalFrank

Just saw this, sending healing thoughts and prayers for Fenway. It's nice that your vet can kep him at his home when the office is closed, that's personal service! Get well soon, Fenway!

Guest FenwaysDad

I just wanted to thank everyone again for the thoughts and prayers. I am off to work, but I will update this afternoon when I get home. I hope everyone has a great day.

Just seeing this - hope Fenway keeps improving!

I had problems with Cody all her life - If I gave her the slightest wrong thing, she'd have a bout of gastritis or pancreatitis. I had to be really careful about giving her anything fatty - that set her off immediately! (PS Greenies are VERY high in fat content..) So I feel for you. Hope you have some answers soon!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Anxiously awaiting word on Fenway. Hope he's doing well enough to come home!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest FenwaysDad

Fenway is now home!!! And believe me, he is very happy to be home. (So are we!) :)

He has had solid, formed stool today, and he is eating and drinking and taking his meds and keeping everything down just fine. He has a few prescriptions (Sucralfate, Cerenia, and Metronidazole), and we'll keep him on prescription food for a bit...and we'll just watch him closely. We may never know exactly what caused this. Hopefully it never happens again.

Our vet gave us a bill for less than $500 for EVERYTHING...including the prescriptions and food and weekend care and all. I was definitely expecting it to be more. I think Fenway is going to send him a very nice gift. :)

So, thanks very much everyone, we really appreciate all of the support. We really mean that. And here is the obligatory photo taken shortly after Fenway came home. As you can see George, our Alpha, is making sure Fenway is okay:

000_2781.jpg

Wonderful news! I hope he is feeling 100% quickly! Poor guy looks a little uncertain as to the cat's intentions. :lol

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest FenwaysDad

George doesn't ever have anything to do with Fenway, so I think Fenway was a little surprised to be greeted. Since Fenway came home, George has been playing with all of his toys...I think he's actually happy that Fenway is home. :)

We've fed Fenway a little dinner, and now he's passed out cold on his bed. It's so good to have him home!

:yay:yay Excellent!! So good to hear that he's home. I'm glad you posted a picture of the handsome boy. And you're vet....he's really something

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest SoulsMom

Woohoo! I'm so glad to hear he's pulled through and is home with his family. And score on the vet bill! Soul's was around $2000.

Just some food for thought . . .when this happened with Soul he went on the I/D diet for a month. After the month was up I started to slowly transistion him back to his regular kibble. About halfway in he started getting gassy so I stopped the transistion. But he relapsed any way on New Years Day and started pooping blood again. Now my vet makes sure I keep the Flagyl on hand at all times, just in case.

Hooray! :yay:yay:yay Fenway is home! Love, love, love the photo! Fenway is sssooo handsome! :wub: And you are so lucky to have such an awesome Vet.

That's good news! I'm glad Fenway is home and feeling better. Now, if it weren't so far away I'd like your vet's office number....$500 for the whole thing???!!! I nearly fell off my chair when I read that!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Welcome home Fenway :yay

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest FenwaysDad
Woohoo! I'm so glad to hear he's pulled through and is home with his family. And score on the vet bill! Soul's was around $2000.

Just some food for thought . . .when this happened with Soul he went on the I/D diet for a month. After the month was up I started to slowly transistion him back to his regular kibble. About halfway in he started getting gassy so I stopped the transistion. But he relapsed any way on New Years Day and started pooping blood again. Now my vet makes sure I keep the Flagyl on hand at all times, just in case.

That is an interesting idea. When would you start giving the Flagyl? I need to go back soon for heartworm meds, so I will talk to him about this.

We are definitely lucky. I'd guess that our vet is within 5 or 10 years of retirement age (I'd guess him to be in his 50's), and I have no idea what we will do when that happens. He loves what he does, so maybe he will work longer...