Clark, Very Bad Day, He's Gone

Clark passed peacefully held in my arms.

Clark had a horrible day yesterday and today doesn't look to be any better. He was limping in the morning and seemed depressed. DH said when he got home Clark did not greet him at the door. He gets home about an hour after I leave so he waits a few hours to take the dogs out. He said Clark was limping very bad almost dragging the leg. He gave him two tramadol at 4pm. Clark did not want to go out for their last trip before bed. When I got home at 8:30 pm he didn't greet me either. I gave him two more tramadol. It didn't seem to help much, he was still dragging the leg a bit. He woke me at midnight and I gave him more meds. The only good thing is the meds make him sleepy. I called my vet, he doesn't come in until noon today.

I think today may be the day to let him go. I don't think being in a drugged up haize is quality of life. :weep

Edited by gryhndsr4us

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

Guest LolasMom

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how difficult these times can be. Lots of prayers and well wishes to you and precious Clark today. :grouphug

I'm so sorry. :cry1:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Keeping you and your boy close in my thoughts. I'm sorry you're having rough times.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest BoogieDown

I'm sorry. I know that you love Clark, and will do what's best for him. But sometimes the best thing is the hardest thing to do, too...

Guest CDNgreys

Saying good bye really sucks but watching a cherished family member in pain sucks even more.

I kept a calendar of smiley faces and frownie faces when my boy started limping. When the frownie faces started to show up more than the smiley faces I knew my boy couldn't take much more.

:grouphug

Sending hugs. I'm so sorry for you all.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest jettcricket

...Not too much more to add that hasn't been said already...hugs to you, your family and your precious Clark. :grouphug