My Big Vinny Is Having Surgery

Guest FrostyBottoms

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What great news about the surgery! :yay

I hear you about the quiet - but he'll be home soon, and in the meantime, something tells me that Frosty is going to be getting a LOT of extra cuddles... ;)

:bighug :bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest vahoundlover

Thank goodness, good news :yay I was getting worried :blush

I can't promise 6 weeks will fly but we will do our best to try to keep your mind occupied. :grouphug

Heal! :kiss2:grouphug:getwell:candle:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm glad it went well. Now heal well and uneventfully Vinnie.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Six weeks sounds like a long time. I hope it goes quickly.

So glad that he came through the surgery with good news.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Thanks for checking in guys.....Well, Vinny's surgery was pushed back because of emergency surgeries and it didn't even start until some time after 10pm....but Dr. T called me at 12:30 am to tell me Vinny did well :yay

He said that Vinny had a bone fragment that is dead (Kristin...I'm wondering if that was the cause of his first infection before i adopted him) and that there were 2 screws loose. So they removed everything. He then said he would call Dorothy to let her know about the after care for him.

My dd had a hard time falling asleep without Big Vinny here. I had a hard time staying asleep without all of his "boy noises" he burps, sneezes, has a high pitch noise at the end of each yawn, licks himself and there is a whole other set of satifying noises that go along with that, he gets up and shakes out.....Frosty is so quiet.....I miss my noisy boy :(

We will have him home soon, 6 weeks will fly by. Right?

Glad to hear he did well. I am NOT AT ALL surprised that he didn't go into surgery until 10pm...Dr. Turner is a night owl :lol I think most of the pups we've taken to him have had their surgeries at night.

Not sure if that dead bone fragment would have been there before, but, it may have. You'll have to ask Dorothy what she thinks as I can't remember if he had the really bad infection before his original surgery or after. Either way, glad it's out of there now and he can start to heal.

Poor boy's been through a lot with that leg (and caused Dorothy and several other sweet wonderful people a lot of worry as well).

6 weeks WILL FLY by - especially if you can visit him. What kind of restrictions does he have as far as activity?

I hear you too about the noises. I like that all of my dogs have tags that jingle a certain way. Having 5 in the house, I've learned what each of their sighs and whines sound like too, so most of the time I don't even have to look to see who's making noise :lol It would be strange to be temporarily without one of those noises that is part of the symphony we hear every day.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest FrostyBottoms

Another good update!

Dorothy just called, she just picked Vinny up, all the ladies told her she didn't have to, that he could stay, and one told her she'd adopt him right there if he didn't already have a home. :wub: That's my boy, making everyone fall in love with him.

Dorothy took a picture of him in the parking lot. I miss him so much, but i am happy to see him smiling.

My boy Vinny

BigVpost-op.jpg

Guest arlosmom

Yeh, Vinny!!! :yay Jewel and I are happy to see you up after your surgery. Many prayers for fast healing. I know this was a tough day for you all in several ways. :wub: Jewel and Deb

He looks wonderful! :yay Let the healing begin!!!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest FrostyBottoms

Thanks guys! And thanks for the cyber cookies ArchE! I was told that Vinny needs to lose weight....he's

almost 97 lbs. :blush Jenny Craig! Where are you??????

He looks wonderful Jeannie! Hooray for Vinny! :heart:beatheart:blush

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.