My Big Vinny Is Having Surgery

Guest FrostyBottoms

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FrostyBottoms

Thank you for all of your well wishes and condolences. I am encouraged by the plate removal success stories. I know he will be fine....he has to be, he's my Big Vinny cuddle bug. This morning he jumped into bed with me and put his head on dh's pillow and wrapped his front legs around my neck and kissed my nose. I love this guy so much!

Praying for a successful surgery for Vinny. He will be fine and before you know it, be hugging you again.

He sure is handsome.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Thank you for all of your well wishes and condolences. I am encouraged by the plate removal success stories. I know he will be fine....he has to be, he's my Big Vinny cuddle bug. This morning he jumped into bed with me and put his head on dh's pillow and wrapped his front legs around my neck and kissed my nose. I love this guy so much!

Aaaaaaawwww :wub:

Thinking of you Big Vinny this morning! All my fingers are crossed, and I crossed the hounds' paws before I left the house ;)

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Prayers for Vinny and your family during this stressful time. Will light candles, send prayers and will be joining everyone here on GT in keeping Vinny in our thoughts and prayers on Monday. Let us do the worrying while you support DH. Hugs to all. Vinny will be just fine!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

sending many, many prayers for Vinny!!!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Jeannie,

My Kramer has a surgically repaired joint, and a bone infection that followed. They had to go back in (one year to the day!) and remove the plates and found one of the screws had actually broken.

Once the infection was gone, he was good as new!!!

Try not to be scared, and be very grateful they figured it out before it was too late. Kramer almost died from the infection because they didn't figure it out until he spiked a very high fever and screamed every time I touched him.

Best wishes from Susan and George

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest IrskasMom

Was looking for an Update on big Vinnie , but it is a bit early . Mega :grouphug:grouphug and :hope:hope:hope

I am sorry for the Loss of GGP

Edited by IrskasMom

I will keep that big gorgeous boy in my prayers!!

:hope:kiss2:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Hey Vinnie you'll feel so much better once all that hardware is out of there. And you'll have your very own angel guiding the surgeons hand. How good is that?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Have you talked to his foster mom? (don't know if you keep in contact with her). I know that when he was recovering from the initial break they had a heck of a time with him and infection. She'd definitely be a good source of support and advice.

Big hugs to Mr. Vinny...I hope his surgery goes smoothly and that nasty infection goes away!

BTW most dogs do very well once that plate is removed...some of them just can't handle carrying around foreign bodies.

Who is doing the surgery? Will he go to Dr. Turner at VCA Berwyn?

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest FrostyBottoms
Have you talked to his foster mom? (don't know if you keep in contact with her). I know that when he was recovering from the initial break they had a heck of a time with him and infection. She'd definitely be a good source of support and advice.

Big hugs to Mr. Vinny...I hope his surgery goes smoothly and that nasty infection goes away!

BTW most dogs do very well once that plate is removed...some of them just can't handle carrying around foreign bodies.

Who is doing the surgery? Will he go to Dr. Turner at VCA Berwyn?

Oh yes....Dorothy will take Vinny to the surgery for me.....the funeral is that morning and she has also offered to take care of Vinny for 6 weeks after. Dr. Turner will be doing the surgery...Dorothy knows how distraught am over the thought of being without my Big V for 6 weeks, but i have to do what's best for Vinny. She nursed him back to health so wonderfully the last time....she's a pro! I'm afraid he would re-break his leg with 12 screw holes in it at my house. Dorothy said we could come visit whenever we want. I am very grateful for Dorothy. I know she loves him as much as I do and I know he will be in the best place for him.....even if it makes me cry whenever i think about it. :weep We are going to miss him sooooooo much :(

Vinny ma brudder,

Keep the faith! I'll be sendin Unruly Vinny Vibes your way.

Wags & Chatters,

Vinny

Thanks Vinny! Vinny is feelin' the Unruly vibes already!

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Jeannie,

Jen, Bart, Olive and I wish you and your family the best during these trying times. Vinny will come through with flying colors, dont worry. Bart had his hardware removed 8 months after it was put in, and remember, he ran the fastest at GPA last year so Vinny will still be able to run like the wind (if he feels like it). Do you want Bart and Olive to visit Vinny at Dorothy's? She lives 15 minutes from me. In all actuality, I may be over at her house soon anyway, I took a foster from her and he is NOT cat safe, so he needs to go back. I will probably be picking up another foster this weekend or next. If I see him there I will give him some extra lovins.

Chad

Edited by Greyt_dog_lover