My Beloved Willow

Guest gryhndlvr

Guest gryhndlvr

My beloved soulmate Willow crossed the Rainbow Bridge yesterday morning.

She was a shy one when we first met, but quickly established her place in my house and my heart. She loved to sing when I sang...she would roo to cover my voice. She quickly destuffed all new toys, and divested them of squeakers. Her favorite toy was just the head part of a once stuffed and squeaky moose. She would not allow me to go to bed in peace without the usual floor snuggle and two cookies. She was, figuratively and literally, my shadow. In the shower? Poking at least her head in. Always in the kitchen helping me cook or clean or empty the trash. Sitting at the computer she had to come put her head under my arm and help. But my favorite was that she would come at me with her head down and push the top of her head into my chest and just stand like that for the longest time, or if I was not in a good position for that, then she would push her head under my arm (almost in my armpit) and just be quiet and calm there...indefinitely.

Her collapse yesterday was sudden and unexpected. Hemangiosarcoma, the vet says. Large tumor on her spleen. From her collapse at 6:15 to our sending her over the bridge at 7:30, that was all.

Her bed is empty and the nights especially are too quiet without her running dreams that caused her to incessantly scratch the walls and bark at the rabbit. The doorway is empty when I come home...no long brindle nose to poke into the bags to see what's for her. My heart is lost. My soulmate is gone. Wait for me, Willow. We'll be together again someday. I miss you desperately. When will the choking tears end?

Jo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vahoundlover

I am so very sorry! :grouphug Willow sounds like she was an awesome girlie who filled your heart with lots of memories. Willow is now running free with some of the very best, I'm sure Boss was there to greet her, he loves the pretty girls!

Godspeed Willow :f_pink

Guest IrskasMom

I am so sorry Jo . The Pain is unbearable and only time can ease the Pain but we are all here for you .Run free... Sweet

Willow :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

So very sorry..... deepest sympathy.

The pain of loss will ease given time. but the love will not diminish...

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I am so sorry. She sounds like such a special girl. May time bring you peace and comfort.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I am so sorry for your loss. In your lovely tribute, it is so clear that you had a very special relationship with Willow. It is so hard to say goodbye to such a cherished friend but in time may all the wonderful memories you have of your sweet girl bring you comfort.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I lost my Chloe suddenly to hemangiosarcoma. Such a shock. I am so sorry, Jo. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am sorry for your loss. Willow must have been a wonderful friend and companion.

:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am so sorry for your sudden loss. It is never easy and we never have enough time. Know that your sweet girl is running and playing with our Angels and she is watching over you. My sympathy and prayers. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest SusanP

I'm so sorry. I can't tell you when your pain will end, but it will, and you'll be left with memories of her happiness in your loving home.

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Jo- I am so sorry about Willow. :(

I am glad you found us on GT.

Robin

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project