Update On Clark.

Guest 4baddogs

I'm so sad about the diagnosis. I'm glad, though, that you get some more time with your boy.

I'm sure you'll make it extra special for all of you.

Guest TaraCoachCougar

2009 hasn't started off too well. I'm sorry you are going through this. It's horrible, but hopefully Clark has some good days ahead. I will cherish the celebration we had on Coach's last good Sunday. Make this time with Clark count. All rules are off - spoil, spoil, spoil!

Our pill vehicle is usually minimarshmallows.

I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to add that my prayers are with you and Clark at this time. I hope you and

your boy have some good quality time left together.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest IrskasMom

Does anybody kbnows the Statistic on OS in Greyhounds ??? I would speculate it is the # 1 Killer and hopefully we

find a Cure soon. It makes my Heart ache to hear of another one with OS. Enjoy the Time you have left with Clark and

make it SPECIAL :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest CDNgreys

I'm so sorry about Clark's diagnosis.

Videotape, pictures, special trips, special treats.......all the stuff you already know.

Cram as much fun into the time you have together.

:f_red

I lost 2 greys to OS...I hate this disease!

Edited by CDNgreys

Does anybody kbnows the Statistic on OS in Greyhounds ??? I would speculate it is the # 1 Killer and hopefully we

find a Cure soon. It makes my Heart ache to hear of another one with OS. Enjoy the Time you have left with Clark and

make it SPECIAL :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Yes, those stats are on OSUs site.

http://vet.osu.edu/2096.htm

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I"m really sorry about the miserable diagnosis....trust me, I know exactly how you feel. I started Lewis out on Metacam (liquid) and he did okay for a day or two and then wouldn't touch it. I switched him to Meloxicam (capsules)which I was able to get at Kroger (I'm sure WalMart is comparable) for a lot less. Towards the end, we switched him to Piroxicam (I didn't see a big difference but we were pretty close)...that wasn't on Kroger's $4 list and was a lot more expensive. You may want to also think about starting on Tramadol...a Godsend for my boy. I hope you have lots of good time with Clark...enjoy every minute.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Clark's doing OK, the Metacam and Tramadol are helping. He was my goofy silly boy when I came home fom work yesterday.

He doesn't have much of an appetite, but he has always been my fussy boy. I am going to talk to his vet about adding Pepsid or something for his stomach, hopefully that will help. He did eat half his breakfast today, which is good for him, some days he doesn't eat that much.

We are going to Outback Steakhouse tonight (we have a gift card to use) so I am going to order a larger prime rib than I usually do so I can bring some home to Clark and the girls. I usually get the smallest size and still bring home a little for the pups, but I want to bring some extra for Clark.

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

Clark's doing OK, the Metacam and Tramadol are helping. He was my goofy silly boy when I came home fom work yesterday.

He doesn't have much of an appetite, but he has always been my fussy boy. I am going to talk to his vet about adding Pepsid or something for his stomach, hopefully that will help. He did eat half his breakfast today, which is good for him, some days he doesn't eat that much.

We are going to Outback Steakhouse tonight (we have a gift card to use) so I am going to order a larger prime rib than I usually do so I can bring some home to Clark and the girls. I usually get the smallest size and still bring home a little for the pups, but I want to bring some extra for Clark.

Pepcid should really help his stomach and I bet he loves that prime rib :clap

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Checking in with more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending prayers for Clark. Hope you can get more gift cards to Outback because he's going to LOVE the prime rib! Spoil him rotten and work with your vet to "stay ahead of the pain". Ask for a plan of what can be increased and by how much, because you know something will happen on a weekend, and you don't want to have to wait to find out what to do because it's going to be agonizing for Clark.

Heard Dr. Couto speak at Sandy Paws a year ago and he stated that statistically, 2 out of 3 (racing bloodline) greyhounds will be diagnosed with cancer - not just osteo. Pretty scary.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Sue-

I am very sorry. Lots of hugs for Clark, your handsome boy.

We have a friend's grey who hates the taste of one of his meds. He was also on the glucosamine in capsules (Cosequine) -- the contents of the capsule are always emptied onto his food. We stumbled across the idea of putting the bad tasting med in the empty capsule and then he could take the capsule with peanut butter or cream cheese and he doesn't have to get the bad taste in his mouth. You might be able to buy empty gelatin capsules at the pharmacy-- they may not have them in stock but they should be able to order them. Or find something very inexpensive in a capsule and empty it out! Make sure you get a capsule that is big enough. If you show the med that you want to put inside to the pharmacist, they should be able to help you. This also gives you flexibility if his dose needs to be increased.

Hugs to Gypsy and Dreamy and that cat, too. I hope you all get to spend lots of time together.

Sincerely,

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.