Bubba Nomad - Follow Up - Message To All

Guest TBaxes

Guest TBaxes

To the moderator, we apologize for the length of this post, we just felt we needed to address the overwhelming response and support we received with more than just a

"thanks to everyone". The response has meant the world to Pat and I, and has help us to the point where we cannot describe it in words. We are much better off today,

now that we have found this board. And we have Bubba Nomad to thank for that.

The support has been so amazing, and has made our loss much, much easier to cope with.

I see now that we may have been a little selfish in thinking we can come here and ask for answers to Bubba's passing, when all of you here have experienced the same loss as us,

and understand that sometimes there just are no answers. We understand this now, and Pat and I are better off, and more able to cope with this loss because of all of you here.

Today, we plan to take Bubba's sister Annie in for bloodwork, and will setup a schedule to do it every three months, to ensure what happened to Bubba does not take his sister.

We will then take her for a run, and then a bath. We have a vacation planned in April, and of course we will still go, Bubba wouldn't have it any other way.

And when we return, we will begin our search for another male grey as a companion for Annie.

I do want to take the time to address everyone here who have helped us to cope. A very special thanks to Tracey, SueG201, KyGrey, grey14me, houndtime, Che mar Cody, Burpdog,

Neighsayer, BlackandBrindle, TBSFlame, DeweytheGreyt, isntitgreyt, LoveMyJoseyBean, BoogieDown, greytgrandma, vahoundlover, KahluasMagic, Packmom, Becki, fsugrad, crazygang,

GreyPoopon, greybookends, PiagetsMom, maryz, Remolacha, patricia, IrskasMom, GreytMuse, VinnieandRexsMom, laurie, 4greyhounds, iluvgreys, MandysMom, Anne, jamngrey,

To WarmHeartedPups, in which we share similar sudden loss, we will continue to think of Otis, whenever we think of Bubba.

To DustysMom, thank you, and please accept our condolences for Beth. I believe you are correct in there is added shock when a loved one passes unexpected. When your pets get

to old age, we are allowed to prepare ourselves for the passing. There is no preparation for a loss like this, and yes, there is added shock that all here have helped us to accept.

To myjazzy, we see you have lost a grey that was even younger then Bubba, I apologize to think I can get answers for losing Bubba, when I'm sure you are going on in life

without answers. Our sincerest condolences.

To jurishound, when we reunited Bubba with his sister, it was as if they never left each other. Don't believe for one second that litter mates can't remember there siblings, they do.

They so loved eachother, and are main concern now goes to Annie, whos still whines for her brother in the middle of the night. Annie calls for him everynight. We worry about how she may drop into depression.

To cbudshome, we authorized UC Davis to perform an autopsy. We hope to see the resuts today. We may share this in the medical section of this forum at a later date. Thank you for your support.

To Patsy, we will have more photos posted at the end of this post. Thank you for your sweet note.

To Hawthorn, we are now understanding that we have no choice but to accept what happens without meaning. Yes, life can be so unfair, and Bubba was removed from ours without reason.

Because of you though, we will be able to go on. Thank You!

To Merlinsmum, thank you for crying with us, please do not any longer, for it is you and the rest here who have helped us to realize our lives have been enriched whether Bubba was

with us for five years, five days, or five hours. We will alway remember Bubba, and will remember his light roo when he wanted someone to sit with him. Thank you for your very special note.

To racindog, we appreciate how you have set us straight, that Bubba's soul will live on with us forever. We our so sorry for what you must have gone through with slim. I looked up DIC,

and although different from Bubba's disease, it looks like they went through similar results. I will ask for Bubba to find Slim on the other side of the bridge. They will be playmates.

Pat and I will look for the signs, thanks to you. You are all so kind here, to understand what we are going through, and the support from all, you racindog, has been more then we could ever imagine. Thank You.

To carronstar, I was especially pleased to see Bubba was related to scarlet. I just know that this bloodline that includes Bubba was something special. The manner and temperment

of Bubba can be seen in his sister, and I'm sure Scarlet. Since he can no longer be with his sister Annie, I will prey for Bubba to find scarlet. Thank you for the special note.

To MP the4pack, we have seen now that we are not alone in feeling the loss of a loved before their time. We are so sorry for your loss of Topaz and Brindle. I hope Bubba will find

them for a good run together.

To PhillyPups, we know now we will never have the answers, but it is okay, we have the support of you and everyone else here. I think that is better. This overwhelming support h

as helped us tremendously. Thank You!!

To LeanneSchatz, we saw Bubba last night, he was near the moon.

To RobinM, we too wish we could have made this welcome under different circumstances. But we are also looking at it as it was because of Bubba's passing that we found you and this board.

You have all been tremendous. Thank You!!

To Duncan41, we realize now that in our grief, we had asked for answers. We know now that we must accept the fact there are none, and others grieve with us. We know that the overwhelming

response from this board has done much more in healing our hearts than any plausible answer. Thank You!!! Yes, Bubba was home.

To GingerGrey, thank you for your sweet note, and we are so sorry for your five year old. We can not imagine what it would have been like, if we lost Bubba three years earlier.

We are so sorry for your loss.

To momtogeorge, yes, we are located in American Canyon. We plan to adopt again, once we fully get over bubba's loss. We are attending a M&G that is scheduled in Danville tomorrow by

the Golden State Greyhound Adoption. Once we fully get past the loss of Bubba, we plan to adopt a male who can hopefully be a companion to Annie. Please do not hesitate to e-mail me directly

if you can help in this endeavor.

To queenwinniesmom, we will hope that Bubba runs with Nick. I am sure that all the greys who left early will stick togther on the other side of the rainbow. Thank you for your kind note.

Pat and I are ready to move on with our lives, and we will do it with all of your and your greys in our hearts. Thank You all!!

Som Pics:

20040509image0001.jpg20040509image0012.jpg

20040509image0006.jpg20040509image0023.jpg

20040509image0029.jpg20050813image0002.jpg

20050813image0003i.jpg20051022image0001.jpg

Guest LeanneSchatz

Those are beautiful pictures, they made me smile! I am so glad that you both are doing better.

Bubba was so very lucky to be part of such a lovely family!

God Bless!

Best of luck with Annie and I hope she finds a companion to love!

Leanne

My eyes are leaking again! My heart holds all of you very gently - especially Annie. I pray that you are able to find a companion who will bring her comfort. Prayers of comfort and healing for your entire "family". We are "here for you" any day, any time.

Thank you for sharing those photos! The love that comes through in those photos between Bubba and Annie is almost palpable! How precious!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Those pictures definitely show the magic that exists in Bubba Nomad and his sister Annie (and my own beloved Scarlett). The magic will stay with you.

There are no answers but it is so very hard to stop wanting there to be. I am so happy to hear that you are starting to feel better. We are all here with you.

Guest TBSFlame

I am glad you are doing better. We never know how long we will have them but having them is worth the pain we feel when they leave us. My thoughts are with you.

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

What wonderful pictures of Bubba and Annie! Although I wish so many of us could have welcomed you under better circumstances, I'm happy you posted those. I hope Annie is doing ok. Hugs to you and Pat.

Camille

Bubba was just beautiful. :wub:

Glad you're feeling a little better - you know Bubba would never want you to be sad. Peace to you & to Annie. f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Oh my, I shouldn't have read this at work because now I am sitting here all teary-eyed. What a beautiful boy Bubba was

and how special that you had littermates who obviously loved each other very much. I hope that Annie will be o.k.

Bless you for wanting to adopt another boy for her and for opening your hearts and home to another grey in the near

future.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest WarmheartedPups

Bubba Nomad.....what a Beaut!!! Your thank you letter was amazing......this group IS amazing....we look forward to getting to know you better.....please keep writing if you need anything.

What a dear handsome boy. I'm so sorry he's gone.

I hope you will get some answers from the autopsy.

Godspeed, beloved boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greytgrandma

beautiful pictures,we are all so lucky to have these wonderful dogs in our lives. Im glad you found greytalk ,this is a super bunch of folks here and always ready to help share in the joys and the sorrows of our lives.

I will be looking forward to the time when you adopt another sweet hound and share the joy you find in him. Im sure Bubba will send you to the perfect match for Annie .

Give sweet Annie a hug and kisses from Hot Rod and me :grouphug

Guest IrskasMom

Yes , we know the Pain and we are here for you at any time . Bubba sure was handsome Boy and left you much to early .

Unfortunately their time with us is just to short and therefore we have to live in the Moment with them. I am glad you are

doing better . Time will ease the Pain.Take care.

Thank you for sharing the Pictures !

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest vahoundlover

What a sweet handsome fella. :cry1 I hope you will continue to come here and share Annie with us and when you find a new baby to join your family, you will share the joy with us as well. Losing a beloved member of the family is so hard and when they leave so suddenly; the confusion, disbelief and heartache is overwhelming. :grouphug

Thank you for sharing Bubba with us. Give beautiful Annie a kiss and scritch from all of us. please don't hesitate to lean on us if needed.

Your Bubba was such a lovely boy, and I'm so sorry that you've all suffered this pain.

Bubba left a great big greyhound-shaped hole in your lives. A new dog won't fit perfectly in that hole: there'll be a bit of a mismatch around the edges. But it'll be a close enough match to close up most of the hole.

And showing that Bubba was so wonderful that he made it necessary for you to find his successor will be the best tribute you can pay to your boy.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Gingergrey

An awesome thank you note. Wonderful pictures! My loss has taught me that we need to cherish each day because there are no guarantees of how long life will be.

Guest sweetpea

Dear Tom and Pat,

I am so sorry to hear about Bubba, but I wanted to let you know that my ancient Ridgeback Brodie

was diagnosed with Thrombocytopenia, although there were no blood tests to confirm it.

His symptom was mostly a huge swollen bruise covering his undercarraige, as if he had done a belly flop on

concrete, except I knew that there had been no physical trauma to cause it.

The treatment was a course of prednizone, (two weeks) and then slowly cycling the dosage down,

and he made a full recovery.

UCDavis' necropsy report may tell you exactly what happened, or it may give you more

questions, I just wanted you not to live with a cloud over your head worrying for Annie.

Sorry you found us under these sad circumstances, but glad you have found some comfort here.

Buzzy

and Sweetpea

What a thoughtful thank you note and beautiful pictures of Bubba and Annie.

Bubba reminds me of my lovely brindle boy, Teddy, who we lost to bone cancer at the age of 6, only 4 months after we adopted him. I was a wreck over the injustice of it and coming to terms with it has been, and still is, a long road. However, because of the effect Teddy's death had on me, I was forced to make some profound changes to my life and over time I have come to see that this was Teddy's "gift" to me.

I'm glad that Bubba has led you to find this forum and I wish you both, and Annie of course, well on your journey.

:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest RavenRacersMom

Tom and Pat...

I am so sorry to hear about Bubba Nomad. He was one handsome boy! My Raven had thrombocytopenia and six days after I found out what was going on, I had to let her go. She got to spend her last day with my Dad, whom she LOVED very much! I am doing the same for Bernie that you are for Annie. Bloodwork every 6 months. Just to be sure. You are in my prayers and Bubba Nomad is running with my Raven at the Bridge.