We Need Prayers. For Me And Beau

RobinM

Azathioprine made Blitz worse.

How long was he on it before you had to take him off? What was he on for? what was the dosage? What were his symtons?

Sorry for all the questions.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are back. The good news is that he is 55.2

Blood results will be back tomorrow morning..

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Azathioprine made Blitz worse.

How long was he on it before you had to take him off? What was he on for? what was the dosage? What were his symtons?

Sorry for all the questions.

He was on it about a week for IBD. He was taking 50mg once daily. I remember the diarrhea got worse, but don't remember if anything else happened - he was on so many different drugs within fairly rapid succession.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Its a great idea to take Beau in for labs today. Clay had so much trouble with medications but the azathioprine was one that did not trigger any side effects. Keeping Beau in my prayers.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest koolaidnconner

I know I have said this before but we have gone threw the same thing. Explosive D for weeks, pudding like. screaming, crying, horrid pain, almost put Conner down because we could not figure this out. Z/D ultra allergen free saved his life. I would strongly recommend ONLY using that food and get away from the fish.

I know every situation is differant but everthing you are describing is every thing we have had with Conner. I have video I can show. I took video of Conner going to the bathroom, screaming, yelling, hurting so bad.

Please take care and know that this takes awhile to get under control.

I know I have said this before but we have gone threw the same thing. Explosive D for weeks, pudding like. screaming, crying, horrid pain, almost put Conner down because we could not figure this out. Z/D ultra allergen free saved his life. I would strongly recommend ONLY using that food and get away from the fish.

I know every situation is differant but everthing you are describing is every thing we have had with Conner. I have video I can show. I took video of Conner going to the bathroom, screaming, yelling, hurting so bad.

I know it takes a while.

As far as the Z/D - We were told not to change a thing until we speak to the nutrionalist from Penn tomorrow or Wed.

Beau has a gluten intolerence. He could have a starch intolerance whcih would make z/d a no no. As you know what works for one dog with IBD won't necessarily work for another. Another thing is that Beau won't eat 6 cups of anything and unless there is something to make it taste good, forget it. Beau is impossible with food. He will know if I put a grain of salt on his food and walk away from it no matter how much he likes it. If he isn't crazy about it to begin with, forget it.

Believe me, I do not want to make things more difficult than they already are. I would love to open a bag of kibble, add some water and wet food and be done with it!!!

How many mg of pred is Connor on and was he ever put on imuran?

Its a great idea to take Beau in for labs today. Clay had so much trouble with medications but the azathioprine was one that did not trigger any side effects. Keeping Beau in my prayers.

Hey Chris~

DH brought Beau in and is back already. We will have those in the AM and at least I will know for sure if there is something going on. Once we know he is OK and I speak to the Dr from UPenn, we'll formulate another plan and hopefully make some progress. With all this craziness he is up from 54.5 on Friday to 55.2 today. How? LOTS OF FISH.

Guest Hollys2hounds

Oh Robin,

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can add.

But hey, a little weight gain is great!

Sending hugs to ALL of you!

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest koolaidnconner

I know it takes a while.

As far as the Z/D - We were told not to change a thing until we speak to the nutrionalist from Penn tomorrow or Wed.

Beau has a gluten intolerence. He could have a starch intolerance whcih would make z/d a no no. As you know what works for one dog with IBD won't necessarily work for another. Another thing is that Beau won't eat 6 cups of anything and unless there is something to make it taste good, forget it. Beau is impossible with food. He will know if I put a grain of salt on his food and walk away from it no matter how much he likes it. If he isn't crazy about it to begin with, forget it.

Believe me, I do not want to make things more difficult than they already are. I would love to open a bag of kibble, add some water and wet food and be done with it!!!

How many mg of pred is Connor on and was he ever put on imuran?

Conner was on 5omg of predison for about a month. And then on sulfaszine(I think that is what it is, it's a human drug for chrones) which worked wonders as well. He was never on Imuran.

Robin, I'm so sorry you're going through this. No experience, so all I can do is keep you both in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest myjazzy

Robin, I'm so sorry things are not getting better. I think the sulfasalazine is something to consider asking the vet about.

I remember you mentioning that Beau loved the tilapia treats. but you couldn't get them anymore. If he can still have the fish, you could make him some by dehydrating the fish. I have a friend who used a dehydrator for making treats for her dogs.

I don't know if you believe in animal communicators, but it may be worth a try to see if Beau has something to tell you that could help you.

I hope his labs are ok. At least his weight it still going up and not down, but I know how emotionally draining all this is.

:bighug

I hope you can breathe a tiny bit better now, knowing that he's actually gained a little even though he's not eating as he should :grouphug

I'm with everyone else, hoping for god lab reports.

I wish I had some magic advice for you.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Robin, I'm so sorry things are not getting better. I think the sulfasalazine is something to consider asking the vet about.

I remember you mentioning that Beau loved the tilapia treats. but you couldn't get them anymore. If he can still have the fish, you could make him some by dehydrating the fish. I have a friend who used a dehydrator for making treats for her dogs.

I don't know if you believe in animal communicators, but it may be worth a try to see if Beau has something to tell you that could help you.

I hope his labs are ok. At least his weight it still going up and not down, but I know how emotionally draining all this is.

:bighug

We have the dehydrator. We've been doing the fish dehydration since Thursday night. He doesn't like them like he likes the commerical ones. He will eat them 50% of the time. The other 50% he either walks away, takes it and drops it somewhere else or my favorite... chews them up and spits them up. Between the cooked tilpaia I am picking up all over my house and the dehydrated fish...

Is he on any sort of probiotics? I ask because I printed out a journal article I have to read for my pathogenesis class entitled, "A microbial symbiosis factor prevents intestinal inflammatory disease." Although, now that I read the first paragraph, I might be asking the wrong question. One sentence in here says, "Antibiotic treatment alleviates intestinal inflammation in humans and experimental animals," and suggests that the normal commensal bacteria are the target of inflammation. Anyway, something to think about - I'll read the article as soon as I can, but need to take care of a few other things for other classes first.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

You might want to ask the nutritionist about Natural Balance Fish and sweet potato canned food. I feed a can yesterday to a foster that I currently have and was a little surprised to see that there was not too much "other stuff" in it. It's marketed as an "alergen free and limited ingredient food". The link is: http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/dogformul...PDCanned.html#F

Oh, Robin, I don't know how you are holding it together. You are obviously a VERY strong woman. Your dogs are so lucky that you are their mom.

I get incredibly stressed when Buddy misses ONE meal (like he's been doing the past two days), since he lost 8 pounds....can't imagine how I would deal with what you are.

You, your dh, and Beau will all be in my prayers. I hope you find an answer soon.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.