Coach Is Not Having A Good Day

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Heading to the vet this morning to say goodbye. It's extremely hard because she is trying her hardest, even hopped across the tile bathroom floor to get to a water bowel (I had placed one right beside of her bed). I think the meds have her pain under control, but she isn't using that leg at all and she doesn't make a good tripod with her shaky back legs.

I don't want her to feel the pain of a broken leg (bad leg or back legs that get all tangled up when she hops to lay down) and feel like letting her keep fighting is unfair. At the most, she may get another couple of weeks without pain but would have to fight so hard just to change beds or stand up and pee on her bed.

I've decided to go ahead and allow her to go on a day that she is low pain (the pain patch is supposed to be effective for a couple more days).

God bless my little Chicken Cho. Momma loves!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Should have also added my thanks to all the GreyTalkers who have sent kind words or even just keep my Coachie in their thoughts for a quick moment. This and my wonderful vet and wonderful DH are what makes this bareable.

Hugs for you, and prayers for a peaceful passing for Coach.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so sorry - but you know what is truly best for her. This is the hardest decision we have to make for our dogs, but it shows how much you love her.

I hope her passing is peaceful.

Sending a gentle hug to you both.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest greytloves

:grouphug This is a rough decision to make, but it sounds like the right one and you are being so brave. I hope you feel the support of GT thru the day today. We are all wrapping you in big cyber hugs.

K

I am so very sorry you are going through this. I will hold you in my heart and prayers today. Coach knows that you love her dearly. Take comfort in that. I know just how hard this decision and act is for you but please know that you are doing the best thing you can for your girl.

This is the 5th anniversary of the day I had to let my first girl, Scarlett, go. I will ask Scarlett to stand at the bridge to welcome Coach.

Edited by carronstar

I am so so sorry. Your final gift of love is always the toughest.

Please try to take some comfort in the fact that she really knows how much her love her.

We're holding her close in our thoughts and prayers right now and a prayer for you for strength.

God speed precious girl. You fought a brave fight and now you will run with the Angels pain free.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Have a peaceful journey Coach. There are friends waiting for you sweetheart.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

although your heart is breaking you did the right thing for your girl. osteo worsens daily. it never gets better. your compassion and love for her is praised. Giving her release from pain is the best gift.

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Coach did have a peaceful passing. It was very quick.

I feel relief and peace. I'm sure there will be many hurting moments, but for now it's mostly relief and peace.

See ya over in rememberance later.

My heart goes out to you.

Godspeed, beloved pupper.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.