Bart Is Running Free

Guest BoomerMom

Guest BoomerMom

I just received word from Susie at GALT that Bart, one of their injured reserved dogs, has gone. Here is part of her email:

------------------

GALT and Ty and Jeff (foster mom and dad) lost Bart (aka Breeze) yesterday afternoon. Bart was 10 years old and had been treated for heartworms almost 2 weeks ago. He seemed to be doing okay, staying very quiet, but as we all know can happen, it is very, very probable that a worm clot broke away from his heart. Ty and Jeff were able to get him to Dr. Ellis, but he only made it a few minutes after then. Bart came to us as a stray almost 5 weeks ago, and we can all say without a doubt that these last weeks were his best; to be in a home where he was loved and cared for so gently.

Please join me in sending Ty and Jeff our condolences; as we all know about fostering---they do become yours, in all our hearts. In fact, Ty and Jeff had decided to make him one of their own officially….but I know he knew he was in his forever home.

-----------------

bart1.jpg

Bart's story can be read HERE.

As the foster mom of another GALT pup undergoing heartworm treatment, this is hitting close to home. Please hug your hounds and say a little prayer for Bart.

Run Free Sweet Bart... :(:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry. I don't think it's the length of time you know a dog that matters, it's how much of your heart he's claimed as his own. Condolences to Ty and Jeff.

Goodbye, handsome Bart.

Edited by Batman's mom

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest cindysmom

What a brave boy you've been Bart. I hope the last few weeks have more than made up for whatever else you've gone through. I just know you're glowing now, sweet boy! God bless the wonderful people who have truly cared for you.

Run free beautiful boy!

Send my condolences to his family :(

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I feel sad for them all. What a beautiful dog. It's an amazing gift to be able to love these dogs -- even for a short time.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

I am so sorry. God speed sweet Bart. :angelwings:gh_lay:angelwings

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

My heart is so sad for Ty and Jeff. I'm sure that Bart was well-loved and cherished during his stay in their home, and knew that he was so very special. He is whole and joyful now. May their hearts heal quickly, comforted by his loving spirit.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Run Free Sweet Bart.. there are a lot of friends waiting for you at the bridge.

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Bye Bart, Run free with all the guys, and we'll see you at the Bridge.

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest DeVon

i am so sorry to hear of Bart's passing...i know that my Bart is showing him around over the bridge...please pass my condolences on to all, and may God hold their aching hearts in his hands...

My condolences to your family during this most difficult time! Always remember how blessed you were to have Bart in your lives even if it was for a short time, I'm sure he realized how wonderful he had it with you! May you rest in peace sweet Bart!!! Praying that your heavy hearts heal quickly! What a wonderful family you are to have taken in such a sweet boy!

:f_white

Praying for all the missing greys!