Need To Brainstorm About Bonnie's One Lymph Node

Guest K9Cookies

I wish your news was better. :( Holding your sweet Bonnie in my prayers and loving light, and sending you many hugs. :hope:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jettcricket

Oh Kristin...I can so relate. :( I know how difficult this journey has been for you at times with its ups and downs. Prayers that your girl still has much more time with you and your family. :hope

Guest twilliams

Bonnie is so courageous and such a fighter. I know that times are tough now. Maybe another protocol will be more effective. Keep us posted. As always, good thoughts and prayers from Randy & I. :grouphug

I'm so sorry to hear the latest news. When Cosmo had lymphoma, she had a very conservative (i.e. low dose) version of a modified Wisconsin Protocol. The vet said it was more to "control" than cure the lymphoma, so her nodes went up and down several times.

In the course of the first year, I think we did five rounds of the full protocol. After the year, we had to change the chemo protocol because one of the chemo agents is cardio-toxic. We were sent for a referral to Boston, where we tried a few different things that didn't work, or didn't work very well. Then the oncologist tried CCNU, which was called a "salvage" agent--one that is tried after the original no longer works. We again did conservative (every three weeks, rather than every week) treatment with the CCNU (I think for three treatments--these are pills, so it's easy) and the nodes never enlarged again.

CoCo went to the Bridge at 14 years, 5 months of age because she could no longer walk--due to degenerative myelopathy, and my misuse of prednisone, which was used both for the lymphoma and DM.

I just want to let you know that there is hope. I'm so sorry you're experiencing this roller coaster ride. Hopefully, there will be another upswing very soon.

Hugs,

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

oh no!!! :sad1 :sad1 :sad1

I will continue to pray for your beautiful little Bonnie and hope that the new protocol will help! :hope:candle:hope:candle:hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am among the others who were hoping for better news. I think about Bonnie (our beautiful sexetary) all the time. Know that she and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I had some advice to add to this but I know nothing in that area.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest greytmonty

Kristin, I am just seeing this now. I am so so so sorry. I know a little bit about what you must be feeling. Bonnie is so special, and I know how you love her. Hugs from Philly.

Sending my many prayers for Miss Bonnie Twist. Angel LaceyLaine had that big expensive chemo at $1100.00 for one treatment...Sending hope that these nodes once again go down...she's such a fighter. :grouphug An Angel watches over...:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

In the course of the first year, I think we did five rounds of the full protocol. After the year, we had to change the chemo protocol because one of the chemo agents is cardio-toxic. We were sent for a referral to Boston, where we tried a few different things that didn't work, or didn't work very well. Then the oncologist tried CCNU, which was called a "salvage" agent--one that is tried after the original no longer works. We again did conservative (every three weeks, rather than every week) treatment with the CCNU (I think for three treatments--these are pills, so it's easy) and the nodes never enlarged again.

Hugs,

Donna

Hi Donna. Thanks for the information. We've already done the CCNU rescue protocol with Bonnie. Things were going well for several months until the week of Christmas. Her lymph nodes came up quite a bit (similar to how things are now) and we switched to the CHOP protocol with the doxorubicin, cytoxan and vincristine. That had been working great, no trouble with her appetite and she was really doing well. Now this massive enlargement.

Bonnie's appointment is at 11 AM and I don't have to work tomorrow. I will update all of you as soon as I get home. Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of her fight against lymphoma. :D That is still something to celebrate! :confetti Fingers crossed that we can have a little more time with her being a happy, healthy hound.

Thanks again for everything. I'm trying to hang in there the best I can...the big glass of wine tonight only gave me a headache. <_<

Edited by KRKWMU

Just sending some hugs for you and your beautiful gallant girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Bonnie is gone. We helped her to the bridge this morning.

She had a terrible night last night and we were up all night with her. Bonnie's whole neck and face got very swollen and she was having difficulty breathing. It was painful for her to lay down and whimpered even when we touched her. We were at the vet's as soon as they opened. We talked to Dr. Couto and he believed that the one left lymph node was becoming "necrotic" or dying, and that the swelling was fluid building. The situation was very bad and it was doubtful that even with very invasive treatment that she would get better.

It was so hard. Thank you all for your support and help. Today was her one year anniversary fighting this battle. I will post in Remembrance later.

:grouphug , Kristin and Drew.

I just can't believe that she's gone.

For you, Miss Bonnie Twist, along with my love

:f_pink:f_white:f_pink:f_white:f_pink:f_white

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Oh no! I am so sorry.

Run fast and pain free at the Bridge sweet girl,

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Kristin and family, I'm so sorry.

Run free, beautiful beautiful girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.