Rainey Needs Your Prayers!

I'm so glad your Rainey is doing better !!!!!!

My Rainy sends lots of love to yours!

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG....I am just seeing this. I can't imagine the fears you and Bruce had. Thank goodness she is doing so well. We went through so many bouts of Pancreatitis with Angel LaceyLaine which landed her in ICU several times...that alone is bad enough yet alone bloat on top of it all. Kiss the pretty little girl for me and tell her to use all the warm light and positive energy to heal. :grouphug Sending more prayers for good measure. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

All toes and fingers crossed for continued good news .....

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Kim & Bruce I'm just seeing this. I hope that the baby Rainey is still doing alright. :hope:candle

I can bring Gracie up to keep you company if you need it. ;):lol:eek She would keep you a wake if you get sleepy.

Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. :bighug :bighug

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

Hum to "(Can't Get No) Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones

She can't have no - complications.

She won't have no- complications.

So we pray, and we pray, and we pray, AND WE Pray!

She can't have no

No complications!

She can't have no - complications!

Come on Rainey! We're all out here praying for a speedy recovery. We know you (and Mom and Dad) have been through the wringer lately, but enough already!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Hi all!

I want to say thank you so MUCH again to all the prayers and good thoughts everyone is sending!!! I cannot tell you how much they mean to us and to Rainey! To know so many care REALLY means the world to us!!!! :kiss2

We've got more GOOD NEWS!!!! :yay

she is doing really well so far! We were able to visit her this afternoon -- she looks GREAT! I cannot believe how GOOD she looks, all things considered -- it's just amazing. The incision is FAR smaller than Nube's was, she has nice clean stitches (instead of the million Frankenstein staples Nube had) and she seems to be far less bruised than Nube was too! (I'll post comparison pictures after we get her home so you can see). The surgeon did a GREAT job (so did Nube's -- I'm not knocking him, he saved his life - we really love his doctor!) but she definitely was much more delicate with Rainey.

we visited for about 20 minutes, she was pretty doped up (they brought her down to see us in one of the exam rooms) --she looked like she was getting really tired so we didn't want to push her -- but it was unbelievably great to see her....especially since last night I thought I was kissing her goodbye forever. :(

we were hoping to get her early tomorrow, but the doctor has to make her rounds so the earliest I'll hear when we can bring her home (and we're praying it's tomorrow) is after 10 am. I'll be biting my nails until then! But I'm glad they kept her tonite -- we feel much better with her one more day in their care.

Wondering what vet did her surgery? We lived in Naperville and used the Vet Specialty Clinic in Buffalo Grove. Is that where Rainey went? Prayers coming your way!!

We took her to Arboretum View in Downers Grove -- it's actually the same place we took her when she had her first bout of pancreatitis in 2007 (and we actually got the same doctor that saw her that time, this time!) and we were not very happy with how it turned out, so we were kind of nervous about taking her there again but they're the closest E-vet to us. They have been FANTASTIC. The people there are so nice, the doctors are great and the fact they called the head surgeon out at 1am to do this shows how caring they are! :) What a total change from the last time! Since this is a lot closer than Buffalo Grove, you may want to keep them in mind if you're still nearby.

all of the staff there is now TOTALLY enamoured with Rainey :wub: and somehow someone saw that Bruce was curled up on the floor with Nuber on bankies (spooning him) last night while we were waiting and said how cute they looked. I'm guessing they have it on video tape and that's how they saw it since no one else was there the whole time. Might show up on YouTube soon :lol Hope it has sound so they caught the snoring so I can prove to Bruce how loud he is :lol

Kim & Bruce I'm just seeing this. I hope that the baby Rainey is still doing alright. :candle

I can bring Gracie up to keep you company if you need it. :lol:eek She would keep you a wake if you get sleepy.

Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

:lol

it was funny, Bruce went home and brought Nube back around 1am (we had gotten there around 9pm and didn't know how long we would be there) and he was not very quiet for most of the time :lol

Hum to "(Can't Get No) Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones

She can't have no - complications.

She won't have no- complications.

So we pray, and we pray, and we pray, AND WE Pray!

She can't have no

No complications!

She can't have no - complications!

Come on Rainey! We're all out here praying for a speedy recovery. We know you (and Mom and Dad) have been through the wringer lately, but enough already!

:lol LOVE IT! :D

thanks again to all for the prayers!!!! Having support from all of you is getting us through this!!!! :)

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

It's getting close to the magic hour! Can't wait to hear how Rainey is this morning! (We're still humming that catchy tune!)

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Well, it's 10:15....hoping that Rainy is just about ready to come home.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

update 2/4 12pm

MY BABY'S HOME!!!!! :yay :yay :confetti

Rich and Jerrie (Ingersoll -- [GT is Nettles]) helped me transport her home :)

she seems to be doing pretty good, certainly way better than Nube did! She's not supposed to run, do stairs, or get onto the couch for 2 weeks. Yeah, right. She hopped up on the couch 5 minutes after they left, before I could stop her :(:eek She's so graceful, I think she'll be fine. :)

the only meds she was given was Tramadol for pain, if she needed it -- not anitbotics or stomach stuff like Nube got? They also said just feed her her regular food -- Nube was on the Hill's I/D for over a week :huh .... thought it was strange but that's what they said.... I have some white rice left over from Monday so I may give her just a small amount of her Canidae kibble with some rice just to make it a little more mild...

we are now prisoners of "Middle Earth" (the middle floor of our tri-level house) once again (deja vu!). The bedrooms are upstairs and the tv downstairs so this should be interesting :blink::blush

I'll try to get some pictures of my baby girl posted today :)

thanks again for all your prayers -- I KNOW that is what kept our little girl with us!!!!!! :) :) :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway