Hello From Chesapeake

Guest BrightonsMommy

Guest BrightonsMommy

Hello,

My husband and I adopted our first greyhound three weeks ago. His name is Brighton. I have admired greyhounds for over 10 years, just because they were beautiful, and seemed so laid back. Brighton has exceeded all of my expectations! He is the kindest, gentlest soul. Wow--I feel like I have this secret. I keep wondering why EVERYONE doesn't have a greyhound. Well...I do understand that people have different tastes in pets...but I want to tell everyone I meet what a great pet a greyhound makes. But then again, Brighton is more than a pet--he is absolutely part of the family. And everyone I've talked to that has a grey, is so very nice. I look forward to learning and sharing with everyone on this forum.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:welcome

Hi & Welcome from Michigan! We look forward to hearing more about Brighton.

He's very handsome.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

:welcome2 from Waterloo

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest BrightonsMommy
Welcome from Arizona! Brighton is very handsome!

Emmy looks like a Beagle...or has Beagle in her. We have 2 Beagles--Jack and Chloe. How do your pups get along?

Jack

178341639_9HPKk-Ti.jpg

Chloe

180841293_L6JSt-Ti.jpg

Welcome from Iowa! Brighton is gorgeous, I want to see more pictures! I too am a relatively new greyhound mom, and also wonder why everyone doesn't have one. Or at least why, say, 50% of all the dogs adopted aren't greyhounds. :)

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest greytful4

Hi there, welcome to GT! I recognize that beautiful boy...I had him for a month but had to return him because of my elderly father being here.. Give Brighton (Spencer) a big hug and kiss from us! :blush

Guest BrightonsMommy
Hi there, welcome to GT! I recognize that beautiful boy...I had him for a month but had to return him because of my elderly father being here.. Give Brighton (Spencer) a big hug and kiss from us! :blush

Hi! Nice to meet you (sorta :)) Brighton (Spencer) is an absolute doll. Thank you for what you taught him while he was with you. He is very well mannered. The only thing we will have to work on...is that he jumps up on new people when they come over. I've got him to stop jumping on me (even though I really didn't mind it...I was probably more excited to see him...than he was to see me)...but I really didn't want him to jump on every new person that come to our house.

Welcome from RI, my parents also live on the Chesapeake, just down the street from Lou and Plummers Aunt.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Welcome from Alberta Canada - Brighton is gorgeous!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com