Rudy's Tests Are Back

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

OK, we are super stumped now. I spoke with the nurse and nothing came back wrong on any of the titers or blood smear. All we know is that he has fever of an unknown origin and low platelets. I am so discouraged. I just want him to get well.

I have asked for the doctor to call me. What can we be missing?

Poor Rudy, I just don't get this. As for his platelets, I didn't think they were that low and it's possible he just runs those levels.

I have no experience what-so-ever with TBD's and I don't get the fever. Hopefully when you speak with the vet he may shed some light. I sure hope so!

Keeping your boy in my prayers

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I have no experience but I am sending my wish for a diagnosis. Hugs for Rudy! Get well, big guy!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest argolola

I just got off the phone with the vet himself. He was betting on Babesia, so he is scratching his head. He said they tested for about 11 or 12 bloodbourne parasites. (I think that's what he said.) We will finish the round of Doxy because he responded so well and see what happens when it's done.

He said two other things that it could be: auto-immune disorder and the "c" word. (He feels that Rudy appears healthy and is maintaining his weight, though.)

Rudy is acting funny today, although he has no fever. He wet in the house, ate some plastic and is cocking his head from side to side.

Thank you everyone.

Edited by argolola

Ugh! Sorry there was no diagnosis. Did you mention Rudy's current symptoms to your Vet during your conversation? Hope a diagnosis comes along quickly. :hope

Edited by duncan41

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh no! I was so hoping that this would tell you somethig! Hang in there and give him a big kiss on the nose from me!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Sending more prayers for Rudy. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sorry you are still going through this. I know how frustrating it is to have test about test reveal nothing.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project