Results Of Misty's Acth Stim Test

Claudia, I was certainly hoping for better news today. Yes, it will get better. We have to all just continue to send positive thoughts and prayers your way. You know I am always here if you need to talk. Please give her hugs from all of us here and especially Chance. He is packing his bags to come snuggle with her because he does not like the cold weather we are having here and he misses his forever lub. He says if he could cuddle with her that she would get better riteawayqwik.

Oh well, we'll get it next time!! And Misty is waiting by the window :kiss2

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh, crap. Was hoping and praying for better results. But hey, no backsliding is a good thing, right? Joining Misty's fan club with chants for improvement - and quick! Hang in there, girl, we're holding you gently with our prayers.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Prayers out to you and Misty. Cushings is a challenge that is for sure but it sounds like you are heading in the right direction. It is just a long and tedious process.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

I think it's probably better to go slow and steady. She's headed in the right direction. Better that than crashing again. Maybe next time. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sending more prayers and good thoughts to Misty and also to you Claudia. Headed in the right direction is a good thing. I'm hoping they get it under control soon.

I think it's probably better to go slow and steady. She's headed in the right direction. Better that than crashing again. Maybe next time. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

You're right Judy, better to go slow. The crashing was a terrible experience. I think this is why my vet decided to go 3x a week vs raise the dose of the Lysodren. Like Carol said, it took a year to get the dose right for Nevada.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Bummer on the results. Misty has often been in my thoughts.

Although I am a fan of Trilostane, I have to agree with staying with the Lysodren as long as you are making progress.

Your vet has the right approach with increasing frequency not dosage and you have enough experinece to spot early signs of a possible crash.

Gentle hugs to Misty and lots of good vibes from chilly Quebec

Pam

We're just not ready to give up on the Lysodren yet. Misty's test results did come back a "little" better so we're on the right track but just not there yet.
Edited by Blaidd49

Although I am a fan of Trilostane, I have to agree with staying with the Lysodren as long as you are making progress.

Your vet has the right approach with increasing frequency not dosage and you have enough experinece to spot early signs of a possible crash.

Pam

We're just not ready to give up on the Lysodren yet. Misty's test results did come back a "little" better so we're on the right track but just not there yet.

Thank you Pam, I know there are a few people here who think I'm foolish for not insisting that we switch to the Trilostane but I believe that it would be the same situation we're having with the Lysodren.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Pam

Thank you Pam, I know there are a few people here who think I'm foolish for not insisting that we switch to the Trilostane but I believe that it would be the same situation we're having with the Lysodren.

Claudia- There is always going to be differing opinions on what treatment is correct. What you have to remember is that she is your pup, you know her better than anyone & you know what is the right thing to do for the both of you. I always appreciate the input......but the buck stops with you. Do what's right in your heart & you will never regret it. :)

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart