Today Monty Had Chemo Number Four

Guest greytmonty

Guest greytmonty

Monty had his fourth chemo and first Adriamycin (doxorubicin) today. His CBC was good, his incision is healing well, and he did well. He did bleed a lot and has a huge bruise where the IV was. He went home on Cerenia for nausea, and we are starting Flagyl as well. This is the med that can cause bad tummy trouble.

I found human generic Cytoxan at the CVS for 20% of the vet cost, so now all of our chemo meds are in place thanks to OSU.

I met Sheryl who runs PGC; one if her 11(!) greys has lymphoma and just lost an eye. He is so sweet but it was scary to see that rare but serious manifestation.

Monty is a good boy and is really wiped out.

Chicken and rice for dinner tonight !

Hang in there sweet boy!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Keep feeling well Monty :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh sweet boy...hang in there. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Winslowsmom

GO MONTY!

I had 5 Adriamyicins.. Tough, but do-able.

Chicken and rice sounds good.

You'll be just fine. I'm cheering for you!!

Love, Winslow

Good boy Monty, and enjoy your special dinner. I wonder if some yogurt would help his tummy deal with the Flagyl?

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest EmbersDad

adriamycin is the tough one. we get our round 5 tomorrow, barring embers cough not causing any issues. mcdonalds burgers and ensure worked well for us, lol.

Guest greytmonty
Hugs are sent your way.

Lexy and Gunner want to know what time they should come for dinner!!!

Yum!!

xxxooo

Holly and gang

Lexy, Gunner, Ember, they can all come over for dinner! Monty ate his special dinner, let's hope it goes through SLOWLY!

Hoping that Monty has an easy time of it. Always thinking of you both.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sweet Monty, we're sending prayers that this treatment is a breeze! :hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest taylorsmom
Monty had his fourth chemo and first Adriamycin (doxorubicin) today. His CBC was good, his incision is healing well, and he did well. He did bleed a lot and has a huge bruise where the IV was. He went home on Cerenia for nausea, and we are starting Flagyl as well. This is the med that can cause bad tummy trouble.

I found human generic Cytoxan at the CVS for 20% of the vet cost, so now all of our chemo meds are in place thanks to OSU.

I met Sheryl who runs PGC; one if her 11(!) greys has lymphoma and just lost an eye. He is so sweet but it was scary to see that rare but serious manifestation.

Monty is a good boy and is really wiped out.

Chicken and rice for dinner tonight !

Hi Karen--I am just getting caught up on how things are going with our sweet Monty--he sounds like he is a very good boy, and doing remarkably well, all things considered!

Sheryl, the director of PGC, is WONDERFUL!! She has a lot of greyhound wisdom, and can be extremely helpful. We adopted my first greyhound Taylor from PGC and Sheryl and Ray were so great to work with for our very first greyhound adoption. Where did you meet her?

Glad Monty is eating and doing well. :yay I think Bonnie and Monty are on the same protocol now! :colgate Is it the CHOP protocol with doxo, vincristine, cytoxan, and pred? Hope things continue to go well. Sounds like you are prepared if Monty has trouble. Let me know if you need anything.

Give Monty a hug and kiss from Bonnie. :kiss2

Be strong, Monty. We're sending lots of good thoughts out to you. You can do it, sweet boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown