Please Tell Me Not To Worry

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

It's been a week since Soul relapsed. He's eaten nothing but his I/D diet. Canned from the time he got sick until Sunday, then I started him on the dry. He's been fine since Friday night, felt good, no more blood. But this morning when he went there was a tiny amount of blood :( He's still acting like he feels fine, and he's still on the flagyl. I'm hoping this tiny amount of blood was due to something else, not an indication that he's about to get really sick again . . .

Guest greytbookert

oh gosh, I hope it is nothing to worry about! but I understand how you could worry!

Have you thought any more about trying the Slippery Elm Bark Powder? It is all natural and I could pick some up for you.

I'll be praying for you and Soul that this is nothing!

No experience here to say don't worry, but let's hope it's nothing. Soulman, please get well my friend, I think you've been through quite enough!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

More prayers that this is a nothing. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending prayers that it's nothing. Maybe he should go back on the ID and do a wait and see?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest SoulsMom

He's been on the I/D and ONLY the I/D since he relapsed on last Thursday. Not even treats. Need to keep him on this for a month, and then I can try adding other things. The only problem is that since we don't know the triggers, it has to be gradual and one thing at a time . . . .

Thanks for the offer of the slippery elm Deb. I just might pick some up for the future. I'm just hoping this smallish amount of blood is from straining or something not related to his HGE. He did refuse to go out in the elements yesterday and didn't poop all day . . . .

Hoping that you are feeling better Soulman. :hope Your mom has had too much to worry about lately.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest SoulsMom

He's acting like he feels ok, and with the exception of that tiny amount of blood his poops look good.

I'm just hoping it's something other than his condition that caused it the blood, cause I don't know what more we can do. He's eating I/D only and he's taking his Flagyl . . .

Guest greyt2love

Come on Soul, you have to be okay. We don't like it when you are not feeling well, and your mommy has had enough worrying for a good long time to come !!

Was it red, pink or dark?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Could be the addition of dry I/D? I haven't fed I/D in a very long time. But when I did, I found that the canned version was much more easily digested than the dry. I'd put him back on canned only. I know it costs a fortune, but I remember seeing a recipe for homemade canned ID.

We sometimes see blood in the stools of dogs who have had bad diarrhea. Sometimes the intestinal tract gets really irritated and you can see a little bit of blood. So it *could* be just that. But I don't know a thing about HGE so don't take my word for it.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Oh Soulman! Hope this is nothing! Though the timing after you added in the dry ID seems to me to be *too* coincidental. Though it could also have been from straining since he hadn't gone for a while. You know what he acts like when he's going to have an attack and it doesn't seem like that right now, right?

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest SoulsMom
Oh Soulman! Hope this is nothing! Though the timing after you added in the dry ID seems to me to be *too* coincidental. Though it could also have been from straining since he hadn't gone for a while. You know what he acts like when he's going to have an attack and it doesn't seem like that right now, right?

greysmom :D

You are right, I *think* know by now when it could get bad and he hasn't been showing the signs. But I'm so hypersenstive to it now, that any tiny bit blood puts me on high alert. :rolleyes:

Oh gosh, hoping Soul is OK. Poor fella has been through enough and I can imagine your nerves are about done in.

You got that right! :blush