Mesa Image Of Mom Hermione

Cully

My friend Stacia had to help Hermione to the bridge this afternoon. She had planned on taking her in tomorrow but, Hermione stopped eating or getting up last night. She didn't want to wait another day.

She had been a broodie her whole life. She was injured as a puppy by another broodie and could not race. Her lineage was good enough that they decided to let her be a mommy. She was a HB's Commanderpuppy. She had 24 puppies that we know about. She had her last puppies in 2001. They keep her at the farm for a few more years.

In Aug of 2003 Stacia brought Duchess (Mesa Should Be) home and then we found out that her litter mate was going to come to QCGA. Stacia told them that she wanted to meet her litter mate and maybe get the girls together to see if they would know each other. I was told about "Image" and that she was at the kennel but, she wasn't doing very well. The vet didn't think she would make it more then a couple of months. I told Stacia about "Image" and she and her husband went to just see her. They brought her home with them that day. Stacia said that if "Image" was going to cross the bridge with her a family of her own and with her sister. That was in September.

I don't know if it was just being in a home and being loved by her own family but, she just did GREYT.

Hermione loved to play and run around the back yard. Hermione is the reason we had to get a new fence at my house. She got out of my back yard not once but twice. :lol :lol

I'm so glad that Hermione got to celebrate her 15th birthday. She had her mom with her when she crossed the bridge. She is now with her sister and all her litter mates.

hermonie.jpg

Run free sweet baby girl. :bighug:cry1:bighug

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for Stacia and her family. How wonderful that they took her in and gave her such a wonderful life.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

{{{{{{{{{{Stacia}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so glad she got to spend her retirement with your family. What a treasure those years have been, for you and for her.

Godspeed, most special girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks for letting me know about his ahead of time Cully.

It truly is the end of an era. I don't know if there are any surviving HB's Commander kids left.

I bet that the Queen BarbieJade and Foxy joined her sister Duchess to greet Hermione at the bridge.

Godspeed sweet girl, heaven will never be the same with all you sweet old gals running things. :f_pink

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest SusanP

Oh, Cully, I'm sorry. Please tell Stacia we wish her peace and comfort in the knowledge that she gave both sisters long, happy lives. Doctor Doug will dedicate his next Roo to his Auntie Hermione. :f_red

Oh sweet baby girl...I loved hearing her stories. Run free precious Angel...you are loved and missed by all of us here. Watch over your Mommy sweet baby girl. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending my sympathy to all who loved Hermione.

:f_pink:grouphug:grouphug:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Wow, 15yrs. She is beautiful, I am sorry for your friends loss of Hermione.

Run free sweetie, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.