A New Monty Cancer Thread

Guest greytmonty

Guest greytmonty

Month had his first chemo for lymphosarcoma on Thursday. He also was put on antibiotics for his incision which is infected. The two things seem to have hit him today and he didn't finish breakfast . He also looks tired ( which is hard to differentiate in a greyhound!) I know day 3-5 are the days with side effects so I am not surprised but sad. He is a dog who loves his chow!

Awww, Monty, don't make your mom worry. Eat big guy!

Editing to add: :chow

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

We all pulling for Monty and you. Come on Monty you are going to need to eat!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Oh Gosh, I can relate.

Polli seems to like crunchy carbs after chemo. She is 6 days post #4 chemo and last night was the FIRST night she had any dog food. She has been eating cookies by the dozen and peanut butter nature valley granola bars, but finally last night at 11:30 PM she ate a can of Tripe. Oh, did I party.

It doesn't matter what he eats, as long as he eats something.So, if there is anything, anything he will eat- let him have it.

Continued prayers for Monty.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I hope this is very temporary, and his appetite bounces back quickly. I guess there is no way to avoid the side effects :(

No, there really isn't and as my vet says, when they are sick from the chemo, it means it's working. Good news, bad news.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Bonnie gets a 10mg Pepcid AM and PM and also a Reglan tablet AM and PM to help with nausea and stomach upset. Since Monty will be on chemo long-term, you might want to ask the vet about starting him on something. It took us quite awhile to figure out what would help Bonnie. We ended up with these 2 meds everyday and also probiotics AM and PM.

Hang in there. Monty, you'll feel better soon. :)

Guest EmbersDad

mcdonalds and burger king hamburgers worked for ember after chemo. so does vanilla ensure, but it gives her room clearing farts! it does work, ive been able to get embers weight post amp from 51 lbs to 53.8 lbs and its holding fairly steady during the chemo. we get round 4 the day after christmas.

a can of tuna fish worked wonders as well.

Edited by EmbersDad

Guest RSD_Ranger

So far, we've had really good luck with the Innova EVO 95% Rabbit. It's like Ranger went to Heaven ... he now perks up when he hears me putting it into his bowl and hops on over, drooling the entire way.

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Karen, Monty, Sam and Marc,

No wonderful words of advice from experience here, so thought I would just give you all a :bighug and let you know you are all in my prayers ~

It must be superhard with all of Monty's food issues on top of the chemo. You are in my thoughts continually, and if you need to talk, give a call.

Pat ~

Sending my many prayers...I have walked your path. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Try fast food hamburgers, sardines, tripe, canned food, parm cheese, whipped cream, etc. I'm just trying to give you a list of the things that my pups find irresistible, but we've never had a medically related hunger strike here. Good luck...Monty, please eat something, love!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Thank Goodness.

Prayers that this too HAS passed!