A Lump

JedsMom

I was just rubbing on Ripple and I felt a lump on her side. It's between 2 of her ribs. It's small, and moves a little when I touch it.

Honestly, I'm freaking out. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I lost Jed to osteo. I'm home alone and I don't know what to think.

Edited by JedsMom

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

I don't have a clue, can't give advice, I just wanted to send you some :grouphug :grouphug Please try not to freak out... it could well be nothing. Try to get some rest and call the vet first thing in the morning. Please keep us posted!

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

In Sept. I felt a lump on Flossie's rib, took her to the Vet had her examined and x-rayed. The films showed osteosarcoma of the rib, she was put on rimadyl and tramadol, and was given 5 to 6 months to live. She also had a spot on her lung. 2 months later she is getting better not worse, the lump became smaller. I took her back to the Vet had her x-rayed again and sent the films to University of Penn. After reading the films, they said she had chondrosarcoma of the rib and no spot on her lung. Chondrosarcoma is cancer of the cartlidge. Also contacted Dr. Couto, he said that this condition is rare in Greyhounds, he has only seen a few cases. It is a very slow moving cancer. I took Flossie off both medications, I let her Vet know what I was doing, so it is on her records and she is doing fine without them. I don't know what to think, but I do watch her all the time for any signs of discomfort and if the lump begins to enlarge again. She is due for her physical in Feb. and we will see what the Vet has to say. At this point I am thinking and hoping that all the x-rays were wrong and she will be with me for many more years. These past few months have been very trying, but I am relieved that she if fine for now. I would have Ripple x-rayed to see what is going on. Hoping it is nothing serious.

gallery_1200_2898_10946.jpg

Sending prayers and chanting this is NOTHING! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Jack has one, which appeared as a small, flat, mobile lump, which felt as if it had strands going across it from side to side. I was fairly sure it was a lipoma, but had the vet take a look, and he said yes, not to worry. Months later it has grown and now has the classic 'soft boiled egg' feeling of a lipoma. It moves relatively freely over an inch or so.

Sandy (Paws de Deux who used to post here quite often) went through a traumatic time with her Sizzle. He had a lump come up quite rapidly on his ribcage, which was diagnosed first as a bug bite, then as cancer with the initial diagnosis of OS. Later it was rediagnosed as either chondrosarcoma or fibrosarcoma - I can't remember which. Anyway, I know he had some treatment for it and she was prepared for the worst, but eventually it just simply went away and the x-rays were clear!

Today Sizzle remains cancer-free! :)

I hope your pup's lump turns out to be nothing much. Just remember, not all lumps are cancer, and not all cancer is a death sentence. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest greytmonty

we just went through this with monty. Have your vet look at it ASAP.it may just be a lipoma. Our vet felt monty's and saw the rapidity of growth and didn't like it. In his case it turned out to be cancer.

Ripple's appointment is tomorrow at 11. I checked her out this afternoon and I think it's smaller. It actually took me a minute to find it, so maybe this really is a nothing and I'm just being a paranoid person.

and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge

Ripple's appointment is tomorrow at 11. I checked her out this afternoon and I think it's smaller. It actually took me a minute to find it, so maybe this really is a nothing and I'm just being a paranoid person.

Chanting...this is nothing...this is nothing....this is nothing.

:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending LOTS of good thoughts for tomorrow morning. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and will keep you and Ripple in my thoughts.

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :bighug

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Chanting - it's nothing. Chanting, chanting, chanting. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest greytbookert

Hoping that it is nothing! We've all been guilty of the paranoia at one point or another! I just think of it as better to be safe, than sorry. I hope today's appointment goes well and this is nothing!

Thinking of you this morning! Update when you can...

:bighug:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

More good thoughts the vet visit goes well!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:confetti IT'S NOTHING!!!! :confetti

Woo hoo!!!!

It's just a little fatty lump. Nothing to worry about. Yay! Thank you everyone for all of the good thoughts. I feel so much better now that I've gotten a good report. My vet said that when he looked at the schedule today and saw Ripple's name on there, his stomach dropped. He was just as relieved as I was to see that it was nothing. I :heart my vet.