Abbey

GreytNut

Abbey (GC Kittamer's Hamunaptra of Maracai) started out her career as a show cat. She won Grand Champion and went on to be a mother to several litters. When she retired from breeding we adopted her and she started her third career as a pet.

Like most Oriental Shorthairs, she ran on rocket fuel. She could leap from the floor to the top of the shower rod and balance there, or hop onto the top of an open door. Her athletic feats defied gravity. She had cattitude to spare and demanded that her human slaves fall down in worship before her. When her daughter Evita finished her show career and proved unable to bear live kittens, we thought they'd be thrilled to be reunited. Wrong. Abbey had grown accustomed to having the house to herself and terrorized Evita for the first couple of months. Eventually Evita learned to defend herself and there was harmony. More or less. Squeak the mutant stray kitten came along and there was more drama, but again things settled.

Unfortunately Abbey's health was never very good. She had an autoimmune disorder along with dental, stomach and respiratory problems. Over the years these became more debilitating, and as she became weaker she lost her Queen Bee status. The other cats turned on her and mercilessly beat her up. Yet Abbey couldn't bear to be separated and preferred being picked on to being alone. Losing her crown was hard... she was never quite herself again. Antibiotics, supplements and tooth removal failed to cure her and she vomited daily, peed all over the place and struggled to breathe. It was hard, but we let her go. I thought she would fight to the bitter end but she actually went very peacefully.

The Queen Bee in her glory days as a show cat

AbbeyStudioPose1.jpg

AbbeyStudioPose2.jpg

She preferred sleeping under the covers to on top of them, and very much resented having her beauty sleep disturbed.

BeautySleep1.jpg

On cold nights she and her daughter Evita (left) would strike a truce and snuggle for the common good.

000_0330.jpg

On one particularly frosty morning Abbey (left), Squeak and Evita pretended to be a happy, functional cat family. This lasted about 30 seconds before Abbey remembered that she hated Squeak and Evita remembered that she hated Abbey. :rolleyes:

SqueakwithMommies.jpg

Abbey had no qualms about kicking Raven out of her dog bed and appropriating it for herself. She knew better than to try it with Argus or (especially) Tiny, but she had Raven whipped. Note the canine peasant's sorrowful expression.

AbbeyvsRaven-1.jpg

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

I am sorry about your loss of Abbey.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm sorry your lovely girl couldn't stay longer.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I'm so sorry for your loss, Kristen. She sounds like she was quite the character and she was certainly a beauty (disturbed rest notwithstanding). :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I'm so sorry for your loss of Abbey. She was such a beautiful girl. I'm sure everyone will miss her. Godspeed Abbey! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

So sorry for your loss.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project