Good Thoughts Needed For Mouse

Glad to hear some GOOD Mouse news! She is still in our prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!

(I hope the neighbours weren't watching. :P)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Hi, Everyone. Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers.

Mouse is still the same as she was. The whites of her eyes and the skin in her ears are still slightly yellow. They were never really yellow, just slightly. However, I repeated the chemistry again on Friday and her bilirubin is still REALLY high. I have tick titers pending at both Protatek and NC State for babesia gibsoni, ehrlichia canis and equi & two bartonellas. I should have Protatek's results on Tuesday and NC State's on Wednesday/Thursday.

The good news is that she doesn't act like she is ill. She is still spunky and active and eating really well. She's on a bunch of different meds and will probably be scheduled for a liver biopsy on Thursday IF the tick titers come back negative. I'm really scared about the liver biopsy because she had an incident of bleeding after a tooth extraction a couple of years ago... of course, that was when her ehrlichia titer came back REALLY, REALLY, REALLY high and we've done several rounds of doxy since then.

I'll keep you updated as the test results come in AND if anything changes with her status! THANKS AGAIN... keep the good thoughts and prayers coming!

I'm happy she's feeling well...stupid turkey neck!!! I hope everythings turn out and she won't need the biopsy, She's a scrappy little thing...one of the things I love about her. Keep us posted and I'll keep you and Mouse in my prayers.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest paulamariez

Sending tons of prayers, love and healing white light to your Mouse. She is an absolutely gorgeous brindle girl! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending her some get well doggie kisses too.

Thank goodness! :yay

Sheila, were you outside wearing rubber gloves and using hand sanitizer? I can't imagine what that looked like! :lol I'm just glad you got good news out of it! Keep it up, Mouse!

Thank goodness! :yay

Sheila, were you outside wearing rubber gloves and using hand sanitizer? I can't imagine what that looked like! :lol I'm just glad you got good news out of it! Keep it up, Mouse!

No rubber gloves or hand sanitizer! Caught it in my bare hand and hurried back to the clinic with it. I left a trail of pee from the side door to the treatment area where I grabbed a syringe and sucked it up! Someone asked where the pee spots were coming from and I said, "From me!". I got a very odd look until I showed them my hand. :lol

I have GREYT NEWS!!!!!!

I pulled blood yesterday before I left work and sent off for a bilirubin AND it was half of what it was on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going down... NOT up!!! I am sooooooo happy!

I also got a couple of my tick titers back and her Ehrlichia canis was really high! Maybe it's just ehrlichia causing all of this and if so the doxy is working! Not that ehlichia is a GOOD thing but it's much less worse than some of the other things they were mentioning!

I think she is going to be okay!

Yay!

(I hope the neighbours weren't watching. :P)

I work at a vet clinic so the few businesses that are around us are probably used to weird things taking place!!!! :P

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Oh, boy! We really needed that! Hip-hip-hooray! Miss Mouse is on the mend! :yay:yay:confetti:confetti

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead