Je T'aime, Hospitalized W/ Immune System Crisis

Guest HighMaintenance

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HighMaintenance

OK, got an update from the E-vet. When we called after the transfusion at 5 pm, the vet tech gave us incorrect information - we're not going to know for 2-3 days if the transfusion of platelets improves his condition b/c that's how long it takes. They're going to draw more blood at 4 am and we need to call at 5 am to see if his status has changed. There was blood in his urine when we brought him in at 4 am, but there is no longer blood. The staff has said he's improved dramatically. They still don't think it's a good idea to visit him - he needs to stay calm and sleep as much as possible. Next steps - on Monday morning, pick him up and take him to my vet. Tomorrow night or Monday we'll see if we need to do a more aggressive form of platelets, described to me as almost like chemo. He isn't critical right now. Thank the good Lord. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. You've helped me so much these past few hours. I'll keep everyone posted. Love, Kristen and Je t'aime

All kinds of prayers for your baby!!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Adding my prayers and sending loads of light to your baby boy to help him past this crisis. Many hugs to you, too...

:hope:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

OK, got an update from the E-vet. When we called after the transfusion at 5 pm, the vet tech gave us incorrect information - we're not going to know for 2-3 days if the transfusion of platelets improves his condition b/c that's how long it takes. They're going to draw more blood at 4 am and we need to call at 5 am to see if his status has changed. There was blood in his urine when we brought him in at 4 am, but there is no longer blood. The staff has said he's improved dramatically. They still don't think it's a good idea to visit him - he needs to stay calm and sleep as much as possible. Next steps - on Monday morning, pick him up and take him to my vet. Tomorrow night or Monday we'll see if we need to do a more aggressive form of platelets, described to me as almost like chemo. He isn't critical right now. Thank the good Lord. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. You've helped me so much these past few hours. I'll keep everyone posted. Love, Kristen and Je t'aime

Thank you for the update. Please try and get some rest between calls Kristen...I know that is much easier said than done...but you need your rest so that you can take care of your little man when he comes home. Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest HighMaintenance

I just wanted everyone to know that my sweet baby boy, Je t'aime passed over the rainbow bridge this morning at 8:38 am.

I got a call from the E-vet last night at 4 am saying that he'd developed DIC - and an arythmia. His blood was cloting, but in all the wrong places, he started having bleeding in his abdomen and he told me that it was time. We spent 4 wonderful, precious hours with him. My sister, my boyfriend, Ray, my parents, and I. We even got a chance, my sister and I (we live together) to take him outside for one last walk in the snow. He had his jammies that Needle Nose made for him, so he was warm. I knew it was time when he looked at me with those eyes and I knew. It was peaceful and I was behind him, spooning him nuzzling me face in his warm, soft neck.

I know that in the end, I did everything I could. From the time he rescued me, he had so many health problems and I feel that I gave him the best care that I could. He saw the best doctors, got the best treatment, but in the end, he just wanted to run free with all the other animals in heaven and await my arrival one day. I told him over and over, what a good boy he was, how much I loved him, and that I'd be seeing him soon.

I'm so greatful for the trip we took - just him and I, in August. Those memories will keep me company when it hurts the worst.

I decided to have him priveatly cremated and I will scatter his ashes at the park where he loved to hike on the trails. He was just there last weekend and was bounding through the snow.

Thank you all so much for your support and prayers. He is at peace now with all those that have passed over the Rainbow Bridge. I know they will all take such good care of him and help him learn the ropes.

Kristen

I am so sorry Kristen. Je T'aime was lucky to have had you taking such wonderful care of him. Godspeed sweet boy! :gh_run2

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I am so sorry. When I started to read your post this morning, I realized that this is exactly the way John E passed. I am glad you were with him when he left, and can hold onto all the good memories of your trip this past summer.

He is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

{{{{{{{{{{Kristen}}}}}}}}}}

My heart goes out to you.

Godspeed, precious pup.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest HighMaintenance

Thank you very much. I have always been very hopeful whenever he had a vet issue or emergency. I just cannot believe he's gone. I am no longer a greyhound owner, something I took such pride in. How wonderful of a breed they are. Je t'aime was a therapy dog. He went every Tuesday night with either my sister or I to a psychiatric hospital. He brought such joy to the patients and staff. I said to everyone in the room this morning when it was time that he was telling me to ask everyone to stop crying and to be happy b/c he's a therapy dog. He's here to make us happy. He did right until the end and he will continue to make me smile with his memories, pictures, video, etc.

Godspeed Je t'aime, run free with the wind at the Bridge. He sounds like a very special pup who was very well loved by everyone he met.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

I am so sorry Kristen. I only started reading this post this morning and was going to send good thoughts for Je T'aime's recovery when I saw he has passed...words don't help much. He sounded like a sweetie pie and your trip in August was the best of times, keep those memories close.

Run free Je T'aime, run free sweety... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so sorry, you two had a very special bond that will never be broken. Now he runs with the angels, pain free. God speed precious boy and watch over those who love you.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest HighMaintenance

He was, he was so incredible. He taught me so much in the few years I had him. We did everything together. So many memories. Some memories from our trip:

-He loved sitting by the camp fire together. He'd flop on his side and put his head in my lap and fall asleep.

-He loved splashing around in the water at the campground that had a dog beach.

-We went to a doggie bed and breakfast and he loved the huge sleigh bed. The dog bed on the floor he didn't even look at!

-He hiked on part of the Appalachian trail.

-He didn't like the ferry ride from the Adirondacks to Burlington, Vermont. He prefers land to lakes :)

-He enjoyed a vanilla ice cream cone and waited in line with me to get it at the Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory.

-He loved the far animals - especially the lamas, and cows.

So many more. Not enough...

Guest HighMaintenance
Kristin, I am so deeply sorry...

Run free, Je T'aime

Thank you, Cara-Lea. His favorite coat, the Pirate Coat, you made for him. I have so many pictures of him in it on our camping trips, hikes, and walks in the neighborhood. Thank you for making him so dapper. :)

Guest WarmheartedPups

Oh NO ...Kristin...I am so very sorry. Your boy JeT'aime was so loved....He is already a Special Angel. Otis and so many other special pups have greeted him at the Bridge and he is at peace.....and running free