Gidge

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, this is just not right! Praying as hard and as fast as we can! :hope:hope:hope Hope tomorrow brings better news.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

We are picking her up at 12:30. Platelets are excellent. Bruising has spread, no change in urine. No results yet on the culture. They are testing for a TBD.

Please keep her in your prayers.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Hurry home sweetie girl. I know you will be so happy to be back home where you belong. Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Been thinking of you and your Gidgelet all day. Glad she is coming home.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We are picking her up at 12:30. Platelets are excellent. Bruising has spread, no change in urine. No results yet on the culture. They are testing for a TBD.

Please keep her in your prayers.

I'm so glad that your able to bring your sweet Gidge home. I hope that the vets soon find what is ailing her and treatment can be started so she's back on the road to better health. Continued healing thoughts :hope:candle and hugs :grouphug are coming both her way and yours.

Prognosis is 2-6 months. Could be more, could be less.

Please forgive my ignorance but I don't understand why?

Alabama rot - kidney failure.

Hopefully the TBD test will show something, but her kidneys are only functioning at 75 percent.

ETA - should be 25 percent, not 75.

Edited by greyhoundlov

Mary in Houston

Hopefully the TBD test will show something, but her kidneys are only functioning at 75 percent.

Dang!!! I don't know anything about Alabama rot, but she can beat the kidney poblem. I sure hope the news gets better for her

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't know anything about Alabama rot, but I hope that your family and Gidge are able to enjoy the time you have left with each other.

:grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Sad. I didn't realize you were a raw feeder.

Dang!!! I don't know anything about Alabama rot, but she can beat the kidney poblem. I sure hope the news gets better for her

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't know anything about Alabama rot, but I hope that your family and Gidge are able to enjoy the time you have left with each other.

:grouphug

Alabama Rot

From AdoptAGreyhound

GRA

Another read

Veterinary Pediatrics

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

One thing to note: There *is* an effective antibiotic treatment for Alabama rot :) . If kidneys are already damaged, you likely can't reverse that, tho :( .

Keeping up the prayers for Ms. Gidge.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending more prayers and hugs. :hope:hope:candle:candle:grouphug:grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Will you be doing subQT fluids? When we started doing fluids on Kona, it was like she was a new dog. The subQT fluids are not bad to administer. We were doing it 2x week in addition to blood pressure meds.

Will you be doing subQT fluids? When we started doing fluids on Kona, it was like she was a new dog. The subQT fluids are not bad to administer. We were doing it 2x week in addition to blood pressure meds.

I will ask the vet tomorrow. Thanks.

Mary in Houston