Anyone Want Some Good News In H&m

Hobbes has no permanent kidney damage and has made a full recovery!!!!

His blood work from yesterday came back NORMAL!!! Only his bilirubin (liver) is slightly elevated (normal is 0-15 his is 18) but all the other levels are exactly where they should be. I knew things had improved but I wasn't expecting it to be this good. There were times we didn't believe he was even going to make it to this now, I'm just so happy.

He is doing great in every other way as well. His weight is now 31.5kg up from 28.9 he just has another 2kg to go to be back where it was. He has now made it 3 days without an accident and can make it for longer periods without needing to go outside. The vet believes he will get completely back to normal with this too.

I can't thank everyone enough for their kind words, support and prayers during these past few weeks. I only hope all the parents of sick hounds will be able to make a happy post just like this one.

Before

Hobbeshospitalstay006.jpg

After

Hobbeshospitalstay051.jpg

Just wanted to add, If anyone else has good news to post feel free to add it. I think we could all use it with all the sadness that often comes out of Health and Medical.

Edited by greytluck

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

On that note, Lee is still improving with his walking and standing. He has become even more spoiled (if that's possible) since I am at home all the time now. Two weeks ago he couldn't even stand up due to a fall and his LS being suddenly brought on intensely.

You're right. There has been so much sadness in the last few weeks. My heart goes out to those who are sick and worse.

Greyt news! It's nice to come to H & M and read something good for a change. I wish everyone with a sick baby

could do the same. My heart goes out to all of you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

It just doesn't get any better does it! Kiss that precious little man for me. :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.