Our Bell

Penelopesslave

What she was:

the gentlest soul I have ever encountered.

the first dog DH and I adopted together.

a survivor of the terrible days after Hurricane Katrina.

a shy little old lady with a spine and heart of steel.

a catalyst for bringing out the best in people.

my comfort during the lonely, scary times in a new city.

always ready for a walk or a snuggle session.

a double trans-continental traveler (she made it cross-country both vertically and hortizontally!).

possessor of the softest fur and the highest mohawk I've ever seen.

a dancer and prancer with a surprisingly deep "WOOF!" when she wanted something.

always willing to try, whether it was a steep set of stairs to climb or a squirrel to chase.

a reminder that there is such a thing as unconditional love in this world.

Goodbye, Bell, my Tinkerbell, Stinkerbell, Bellasmella, Miss B, Hot Bell, Boogie Girl. I am so sorry that the last weeks here were so hard for you. Letting you go was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I love you. I miss you.

This is how I want to remember you:

DSC01710.jpg

IMGP1376.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

Picture9.png

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Bell.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:f_red I am so sorry. Bell runs now with the angels, pain free.Watch over your mom pretty girl and know how very much you are loved. Run pain free and young once again :gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry. For one second her photo took my breath away. She looked so much like our sweet Brandy. You gave her a wonderful life in a loving home.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Godspeed sweet Bell

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Godspeed sweet baby girl. Run with our Angels sweetheart...they will show you the way. :grouphug My deepest sympathy. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What a gloriously beautiful girl to have had in your life. They do so change us in their own particular way. Thank you for her loving home and for sharing her with us. Hoping that your heart heals with wonderful memories of Miss Bell.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

she's such a great-looking girl. sorry to read of your loss.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest vahoundlover

:cry1 I am so sorry. :grouphug You took Bell in when she needed you most, she has given you so much love back. I'm sorry she couldn't stay longer :grouphug May the memories you created together help ease your broken heart.

Godspeed Sweetheart :f_pink