Just Say A Little Prayer...

Guest KyGrey

Guest 4baddogs

Lee's story has me in tears.

I love the old ones so very, very much. I also can't get over it when people return them because they're old (our group gets quite a few older ones back).

Give Lee a kiss from me and I hope he feels better for you soon.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On top of everything else....I just got fired today. They said it's due to restructuring. The girl hired after me gets to stay. They went by seniority on the dock when they let 4 of them go recently but they didn't do that in the office.

I went to see Lee on my way in to the job and he's doing pretty good. We were going to bring him home tomorrow but I am going to call them since I don't have a job and see if they think he can come home today. I will have to get him up every hour or so and get him to walk around for about 10 minutes or so and try to get his energy level back up. He's my sweetheart....my old man. He's kind of leary about getting up since he took another little fall yesterday but his eyes are bright and he's not stressing at all.

Please keep the prayers coming. Thanks.

OMG, Patti, what rotten timing! I am so sorry about your job, although I am sure Lee will be happy to have his mommy all to himself during the day. Hugs for both of you!

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

:(

Sending lots of hugs, Patti, and hopes for better days ahead.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I have to think of this as a godsend. I was worried about Lee coming home and me having to go to work and leaving him all day. I know he would be with the others but if he falls who would pick him up? Now I can spend more time with him during his recovery.

Here is a new pic of Lee that I took with my phone today. It's not very clear but can you see the smile on his face? I can't seem to make it any bigger.

LeeNov14_0001.jpg

Edited by KyGrey

I'm so sorry but all things happen for a reason. They say the first thing to do is file for unemployment, even if you will be looking for a job. I believe it's because of there is a waiting period.

Lee will love having you home.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

oh no! I'm so sorry about your job.

On the bright side, it does give you more time with Lee while he needs it, which is a good thing, so maybe it'll all work out for the best. I'll continue to keep you both in my prayers

Guest ChancesMom

Patti, I am so sorry about your job. That puts us both in the same boat but at least I am getting long term disability. Please, file for unemployment right away. As others have said, you as well, you can be with Lee while he recovers. I am continuing to pray for both of you. Call me if you need to talk. I keep the phone right by me.

Donna

Thanks Donna. I am planning on going to the unemployment office on Monday along with the food stamp office. It won't hurt to try to get food stamps to help me out.

Sending lots of hugs and prayers for your wonderful guy and you.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Hey Patti,

Just now seeing this thread, I had surgery 3 weeks ago and haven't been online much this week.

Sorry if you already covered this earlier in the thread, but have you taken Lee to the vet lately? Did they say why he's losing so much weight and going to the bathroom in the house? (sorry if you already covered it, I might have missed it)

Hope everything goes well and sending prayers for Lee :hope

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

LeeLee gets to come home today!!! :yay

It will be about 1:00 p.m. so I can get the others fed, walked and pretty much content before he gets here. I'm not sure he will want to come home from "camp". He has been spoiled even more rotten than he already was.

The harness Melissa sent will help me get him up and down the steps more safely. Thank you again Melissa. :grouphug

He has to take more meds now but, hey, what are moms for? :wub:

BJ, Lee has LS (Lumbrosacral Stenosis) and got down in his back really bad really fast. Wednesday before last he had fallen in the hallway and was laying there when I got home from work. I have no idea how long he had been like that. I got him up and into the living room and he made no attempt to even try to get up. Also, he will be 13 this month and can't hold himself as long as he used to. I took him to the vet and had a choice last week of leaving him in the hospital (where he would totally stress out) or sending him home with a friend who offered to keep him. He has been there for the last few days and will be coming home this afternoon.

I did go over for daily visits on my way to work but since I no longer work I can give him the care he needs. I was so afraid of what would happen when I went back to work on Monday. He wouldn't have anyone to pick him up if he fell. Now I can just be relieved that I can be here with him.

Edited by KyGrey

BJ alerted me as to your thread.. I am so very sorry to hear that Lee is having some trouble and that you lost your job.. It never seems to end.. You were an angel when you said you wanted Lee.. I look back at pictures of him when we got him and right before he left.. I know how a 10yr old boy and could never imagine giving him up.. We just do what needs to be done.. The sling will help a LOT to get him around and just make him comfortable is about all you can do right now other than loving him.. Please shoot me an email from time to time as I haven't been online on the boards much in the past few months.. Lots of hugs, thoughts and prayers for you both..

Gil

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie

Thank you Gil. That means a lot to me. He is so very special to me. He is such a different boy than the one you had at your house overnight 4 or so years ago.

He's home!!!

The sitters brought Lee home in their station wagon. The vet does not want him in my backseat. I don't blame her. He's been home for about an hour and a half and is resting. I will try to get a pic of him soon but I don't want to disturb him now. He is on a pallet in the living room so I can't stay on the computer long. I don't want him to have to walk to me without help for now.

I will update later today and let everyone know how he's doing. He is resting comfortable for now.

Thank you all for your prayers and concern. I truly believe in the power of prayer.

I am also sending prayers and white light to anyone who needs it. I feel it has helped my family and I want to share.