Bodie Update

Guest Bodie

Bodie is still hanging in there. His condition is up and down from day to day. One day he eats like a pig, the next day he refuses food. However, he only gets up from his bed when I make him get up to go outside and "tend".

We had the wierdest experience yesterday. I came home from work, made everyone go out and I heard barking. I looked outside and there was a stray dog - a whippet! - barking at the greys. The whippet started running around the outside of the fence and around the house, making giant circles. Rainy and Guinness were running along, going crazy and I did a double-take because there was Bodie running, actually RUNNING, across the yard. Last week he had stopped eating and wouldn't get up and I thought we were reaching the end. This week he is eating (off and on), getting up when made to, and now running? I know they say I will know when it is time, but at this point, I just don't trust myself to know. The only reason I didn't send him to the bridge last week was because my daughter wanted to come home from college for the weekend and say goodbye.

I finally caught the whippet, made some calls, and got him home, which turned out to be in the next development, about 5 blocks away. But I started thinking - why a whippet - the one dog, other than a greyhound, they all would chase. (Other dogs come up to the fence and "the crew" just ignores them.) Why my yard? Why did he bark so that I was sure to notice him? Why at 5:00 - just when I got home? Is this some sort of sign sent to tell me Bodie isn't ready yet? I'm so confused...

But I really want to thank all of you for your kind thoughts, prayers, and white light. I believe they are the reason Bodie is still with us.

Guest Greensleeves

Hugs and prayers for you guys.

Two days before Nelly went to the Bridge, she ran across the yard to bark at the neighbor dog (and this was a dog who otherwise couldn't walk). Sometimes it's that last little burst of livin', I think.

Bodie is always in our prayers. It's a terrible rollercoaster ride you are on!! We will keep you in our prayers as well. When you love so much and so selflessly, I think you will always do what is right for those you love.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Sending more prayers. Kiss Bodie for me...it's hard to read the ups and downs isn't it? :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Prayers for you baby Bodie, and ((((hugs)))) for you. You are in the one of the hardest places to be, but you will know when it's time.

:grouphug

we always talk about how they live in the present, and I think this is a good example. At that moment, Bodie was feeling pretty good, felt like running, felt like barking, so he did :)

The time will come when there aren't anymore of those moments, or they are outweighed by the bad times, and you will know. I hope there are more good times for Bodie :bighug

I'm glad to hear that Bodie had some fun, running :) He must have felt OK to be doing that :)

Do trust your judgement. The day will come (hopefully not for a good while yet of course) and you WILL know for sure.

Till then, enjoy - and kiss him from all of us :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so glad he had that joy. Even when they keep us in a tailspin of emotion. You go Bodie!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest SoulsMom

Good thoughts to you both, I can see where the lost whippet showing up would be food for thought. Perhaps it was to give Bodie a happy moment that he wanted and needed. :grouphug

And thank you for taking care of the whippet and making sure he got home safe.