Clementine- When Will This End

Guest greydogluvr

And more from me too :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greydogluvr

I do not know how much more I can bear putting her through. There appears to be an additonal tear in her lung that developed post surgery. She is off oxygen but continues to have 300 ml of air aspirated each 3 hour period. They are going to put her on continuous suction for the next 24 hours in hopes that the leak will seal. I was told 50% or a little less of a chance that would happen. If her pathology report comes back clean and the tear does not seal, a second surgery is her only hope for survival. Sorry if I am not making clear and am rambling. This is he11.

My heart is aching. I do not want to give up on her but I also need to take into account her well being. She is fighting so hard and I know she does not understand. I just want her home in her own cozy bed. I will attach a picture of her post surgery in a bit.

Lora

Guest GreytMuse

My heart aches with you. I know how excruciating painful it is to see your beloved pup sick. My continued thoughts and prayers are with you and Clementine. :sad1

More :hope:hope:hope coming Clementine's (and your) way.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I'm so sorry you're both going through so much! :sad1 :sad1

sending many prayers for Clementine :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest greydogluvr

OklahomatripClementineOct108043.jpg

Here is a picture of Clementine last night. She no longer has the oxygen tubes in her nose and her pulse ox is staying stable in the mud ti high 90s. She looks pretty good considering all she has been through. Isn't she precious. My Simone sure misses her as do I.

Edited by greydogluvr

Guest houndlover

My heart is breaking for what you are going through right now. She certainly is a precious little girl and I am hoping and praying that she is home in her cozy bed very soon. :grouphug

Oh she's so lovely :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Sending lots of prayers for your sweet lovely pupper girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greydogluvr

Clementine ate a small chicken breast and half of a peanut butter sandwich today. She was able to get out of her crate and visit in one of the visitation rooms. Each visitation room has a couch, chair and side table. She wasted no time in making herself comfortable on the couch. I saw her eyeing it, it but did not think that she would try to jump up on it. She had no problem getting up. I got many kisses and she got many in return. The only problem was trying to convince her to get down and return to her kennel.

She continues to be on continuous suction through her chest tube to encourage healing of the leaking area in her lungs (except when she goes out to potty or when we have short visits). The pathology report did not come back today, so we have to wait until Monday for the results. We are hoping that the report shows something other than cancer such as pneumonia or .... I did not realize that a biopsy could show more than whether tissue is cancerous or not. I have learned so much throughout this experience.

The surgeon stated that at times leaks can occur at the site of the surgery. I am hoping that this is the source of the air leak and not another bulla (which is a hole caused by ruptured vessels- if I understand correctly). Thank you all again for your continued positive thoughts for Clementine.

I'm so glad she felt good enough to eat.....and get up on the couch. :) Sending more prayers and hoping she'll heal up from this and get back home as soon as possible. :hope:hope:hope

Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie

Just adding our well wishes to you, too! A sick pet is just so hard. . .

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest greydogluvr

I am going in to see her in a few hours. She is great on the continuous suction, so this last leak appears to be her final hurdle. (Knock on wood) We will know more as soon as the pathology reports come in. She is taking short outdoor trips :yay :yay

I want to add my good thoughts & prayers for Clementine to have a full recovery. Hopefully she has started to turn the corner with this last surgery. It is so hard waiting for test results. She is a lovely girl.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am going in to see her in a few hours. She is great on the continuous suction, so this last leak appears to be her final hurdle. (Knock on wood) We will know more as soon as the pathology reports come in. She is taking short outdoor trips :yay :yay

:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck

Guest greydogluvr

Clementine was very happy to see us this AM. She jumped on the couch and even sniffed out the trash can in the visitation room. She ate more chicken, even when we were not there and another peanut butter sandwich (1/2 is all I took and I am sure she would have eaten more). :yay:yay:yay

They stopped the continuous suction on the chest tube at 12:00. They were to check the tube at 4:00. It is now almost 5 and I am so afraid to call. She was given about a 50/50 chance to seal the last leak on her own with the continuous suction. I am sick to my stomach and fell like throwing up. Maybe I will muster up some courage and call in the next hour or so. :sick

Guest GreytMuse

Hugs to you -- I know the awful feeling of uncertainty and dread when they are sick. Feeling helpless is just the worst. :(

Please know you have the power of GT and so many positive thoughts surrounding you and Clementine. :grouphug

Sending some hugs and courageous thoughts to you, and lots of prayers for your gallant Clementine.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Continuous hugs and prayers for your brave little fighter.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon