3+ Years Later It's Round 2

Guest fastdogs

Guest fastdogs

In April 2005, Bo had a lump removed from his front leg that ended up being Fibrosarcoma. The vet got clean margins, but warned that it would likely return in 3-5 years. Well, a couple of weeks ago I had another lump removed from more or less the same spot. My vet was spot on, it came back as Fibrosarcoma with clean margins again. Bo's doing well and I expect that to continue. I joked with the vet that I'd see him in 3-5 years.

I'll be vigilant, as always, but I'm not really worried. Bo will be 9 in November and if he keeps going the way he has been, he'll die a happy old needle nose.

I don't think I'd call this a happy story, but it's definitely not sad. When it comes to cancer, not sad in my book, is pretty good.

Cheers! :cheers

:yay for clean margins! hopefully, you'll have to go through this about 2 or 3 more times with him :P

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Yep...clean margins are good! You show em sweetie boy. :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

That really is wonderful news. I am very happy for you both.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Silly Bo putting you through your paces, Brian! :rolleyes: But clean margins are always great news and it sounds like Bo is in good hands with a terrific vet.

Kelsey had a mast cell tumor removed with clean margins approximately 5 yrs. ago so we're always looking out for that recurrence, too. So far, so good and she's turning 14 next month. I have no doubt that Bo will be standing on a picnic table, most likely with a lampshade on his head, for HIS 14th birthday photo. :lol

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

I'm sorry it came back but delighted that they got it with clean margins again :)

Onward and upward Bo :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I would definitely consider that good news! Way to go Bo, keep it up!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.