New To Greyhounds And Here

Guest hvacman250

Guest hvacman250

My wife and I (and 3 kids) adopted our first Grey 5 weeks ago.

Zanier (Zanier Martinez) is a black male, ~78 lbs.

RB Silver Streak x Helles Belle

born 3/21/03 5 yrs old

6bee9fd2.jpg

3 weeks later we knew he needed someone to keep him company. We agreed to "foster" a return, Mysti. Yeah, right. She is our girl now.

Mysti (Nitro Mystique) is a shy little girl, ~64 lbs.

Oshkosh Slammer x Go Bon Lets Roll

born 7/16/03 5 yrs old

2dcb7f95.jpg

I am still absorbing every bit of knowledge I can, even after researching greyhounds for 2 weeks before we adopted. I ran across this site 2 days ago and havent stopped reading yet.

I have tried all kinds of food/treats after surfing here for the last couple days. Neither Grey likes bananas or marshmallows, and only Mysti likes turkey necks.

Thanks for a great forum to be a part of!

Welcome to the wonderfully addictive world of being owned by greyhounds!

My wife and I (and 3 kids) adopted our first Grey 5 weeks ago.

Zanier (Zanier Martinez) is a black male, ~78 lbs.

RB Silver Streak x Helles Belle

born 3/21/03 5 yrs old

6bee9fd2.jpg

3 weeks later we knew he needed someone to keep him company. We agreed to "foster" a return, Mysti. Yeah, right. She is our girl now.

Mysti (Nitro Mystique) is a shy little girl, ~64 lbs.

Oshkosh Slammer x Go Bon Lets Roll

born 7/16/03 5 yrs old

2dcb7f95.jpg

I am still absorbing every bit of knowledge I can, even after researching greyhounds for 2 weeks before we adopted. I ran across this site 2 days ago and havent stopped reading yet.

I have tried all kinds of food/treats after surfing here for the last couple days. Neither Grey likes bananas or marshmallows, and only Mysti likes turkey necks.

Thanks for a great forum to be a part of!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest amazingreys

Ha ha...I know exactly how you feel! We had a foster that we just HAD to keep! That was six years ago and I don't regret a moment of it. Well, okay, that moment when I came downstairs to find he had wet poop all over the living room, steps and ceramic tiles...that moment I regret!

So welcome, welcome, welcome!

My dog is also your little girl's half brother! Of course good old Slammer is on ice and still busy "fathering" more pups! Welcome to Greytalk. There are several other Oshkosh Slammer dogs on here!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

OMG! There's my Zanier!!! He's such a sweetheart!!! Please tell me he will be at the picnic Sunday!!!

(Oh...I'm Shannon. I do the meet and greets for For the Hounds at the Lauren's road petsmart on Sundays and Petco in Spartanburg on saturdays. I've spent a lot of time with Zanier!)

Oh...Zanier likes Old Mother Hubbard peanut butter treats. The tiny ones. (because then he can have more than one ;) ) I sneak them to the babies at M&Gs

Pictures...because you might be a picture nut like me too! And if not...with greys you will be!

Zanier and my 3 boys (Timmy, Lucius, and my fiance'): l_ab275dcabd80083c1f947a2684bba95d.jpg

Zanier and Janice l_340e26ef99a7a4d4abb7d79da3f34eed.jpg

Zanier butt: l_bc79792b8c335167461d0c541e114d76.jpg

l_0e0ede8da2f145976fbf2f81450c07a0.jpg

l_8c00ecbab3a1801bb344e093c6de4554.jpg

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

:welcome

Hi from Gainesville, Florida! Your hounds are beautiful!!

This is a great site. It's informative and very addictive! :)

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest hvacman250
OMG! There's my Zanier!!! He's such a sweetheart!!! Please tell me he will be at the picnic Sunday!!!

(Oh...I'm Shannon. I do the meet and greets for For the Hounds at the Lauren's road petsmart on Sundays and Petco in Spartanburg on saturdays. I've spent a lot of time with Zanier!)

Oh...Zanier likes Old Mother Hubbard peanut butter treats. The tiny ones. (because then he can have more than one ;) ) I sneak them to the babies at M&Gs

Pictures...because you might be a picture nut like me too! And if not...with greys you will be!

Shannon,

It was nice meeting you and your husband.

Sunday (today) was a blast. We actually came home with 3 dogs, but He isnt staying. :lol He was due for a home visit about 5 miles from our house this week,so we are going to do our first home visit. He and Zanier have the same fatheer, so thats kinda cool. He's Modesto Martinez aka Dillinger.

And I havent found a treat Zanier doesnt like. :lol

Shannon,

It was nice meeting you and your husband.

Sunday (today) was a blast. We actually came home with 3 dogs, but He isnt staying. :lol He was due for a home visit about 5 miles from our house this week,so we are going to do our first home visit. He and Zanier have the same fatheer, so thats kinda cool. He's Modesto Martinez aka Dillinger.

And I havent found a treat Zanier doesnt like. :lol

I'm glad you had fun! For the Hounds is an awesome group full of greyt people. :) Our boys came home and passed out. Dillinger is a pretty, pretty boy! Give Zanier a hug for me. :)

welcome from southern california! zanier looks a bit like our sadie when her face started going white...

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg