Please Keep Misty In Your Thoughts

I had Misty at the vet this morning for her post-pill blood work. Because her nails are all splitting, I asked the tech if she would trim her nails as I wasn't able to get them short enough to avoid any more splitting. The plan was to sedate her and I was to pick her up in a couple of hours. Well, I no sooner got home and my vet called to say they were having to put her under and remove most of her nails. He told me she was going to have all 4 feet bandaged and I can pick her up around 4:00. Misty does not do well with bandages on her feet and I can't even imagine how she'll handle all 4 bandaged. Please keep her in your thoughts. Thanks!

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, I send good thoughts - for both of you :rolleyes: I had to have this exact same thing done with Stanley and Sally. Stanley was fine. Sally utterly refused to walk - at all - until the bandages came off. I honestly thought that her back had gone or something, but no - as soon as the bandages came off, she was back to her normal silly self!

Hopefully though, Misty won't be anywhere near as dreadful as Sally and will do more like Stan did :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Geez. :( Your poor girlie. :eek Sending relaxing thoughts and prayers her way. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh yes, I send good thoughts - for both of you :rolleyes: I had to have this exact same thing done with Stanley and Sally. Stanley was fine. Sally utterly refused to walk - at all - until the bandages came off. I honestly thought that her back had gone or something, but no - as soon as the bandages came off, she was back to her normal silly self!

Hopefully though, Misty won't be anywhere near as dreadful as Sally and will do more like Stan did :)

Oh, Misty will be like Sally. When she had one foot bandaged she wouldn't walk

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Uh oh. I feel for you. Do you know how long the bandages will have to stay on?

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh, that's awful. I hope she will be ok. Why did they have to remove all her nails?

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Uh oh. I feel for you. Do you know how long the bandages will have to stay on?

The vet said 5 days, but I told him I had to cut the bandage off last time after a day and he said if that be the case...so be it

Oh, that's awful. I hope she will be ok. Why did they have to remove all her nails?

Because of a low thyroid, her nails started to split before I caught it.I did a very stupid thing and assumed that because she wasn't on thyroid meds when I got her, she didn't need it. I feel bad because I just learned a valuable lesson at Misty's expense! I thought it was SLO but it wasn't

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Oh poor little girl. Hug her for me. I am so sorry...I hope it doesn't rain and that Misty will adjust to the bandages. Hug her for me. :grouphug These thyroid issues are for sure something else aren't they? :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh good Lord Claudia. I don't think there is enough icecream in the world to deal with this. Give that girl hugs and kisses for us.

Susan J&J

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Missy Misty...I'm still wooking for your nayuls...where arb day? PipiF...your girlbuddy from thu sowf. I hopes yooz feel better...milk this for all ya got sweetie...he he he

2840470525_4c2af94e70.jpg

Guest myjazzy

Poor Misty! Good luck with the bandages. And Misty, please leave those bandages on. I know you think your mommy is trying to torture you, but it really is for your own good. Honest.

Guest FrostyBottoms

Misty....yoo will bee fine soon. Butt in da mean thyme, try too git as many treats as yoo can frum yur moma!

I bet herbs wud even hand feed yoo iffin yoo pretend KNOT to be able too git up.

It wurked fur me wiff one fut bandaged....luk how upset I pre tended to bee!

DSCN2149.jpg

Poor baby all four feet. Tell her they are her new boots to show off the fall collection of doggie fashion. No, seriously hopefully with all four she will not feel unbalanced and leave them on.

I have this vision in my head of Misty shaking one foot at a time trying to get them off, like she is dancing. :D

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Guest SoulsMom

Oh wow, I couldn't imagine all four feet :( . Soul only had one bandaged and was so gimpy. I had to put his martingale harness on him and "walk" him around that way. Hugs to you and ice cream to Misty :grouphug