Hello From Ct

Guest Scathach

Guest Scathach

Hello, I have been lurking for a few weeks now, trying to soak up as much information as possible. I wanted to officially say hi now that we took the big step in adopting a greyhound as the first canine addition to our fur family. Here is a pic of the sweetest girl grey "Asia" who we renamed Ciara (KEE-ra), since she wasn't responding to Asia so we tried a few other names and she looked when DH called out the name Ciara so it stuck. We adopted her through our local greyhound adoption group, they were super helpful and provided a lot of great info. Ciara is a sweet but shy girl, everything is so new to her but she is exploring and sniffing at everything which is a good start. She is great with our 3 rambunctious kitties, we have finally felt comfortable taking her muzzle off, but Ciara seems to have little interest in the cats other then to sniff at them. She is great on walks, no housebreaking issues (yet), she has been fine if we leave the house for a couple of hours so far... all in all things are moving very smoothly. She won't take treats from our hands yet, but if we put it down and look away she will nab it, though she doesn't seem to get the dog biscuit thing yet. She is entranced by the lake we have down our road when we go on our walks, I am not sure if she has ever seen a large-ish body of water but she loves sitting on the grass and staring out at the water and the boats going by. We will give her some time to get used to her new home before we start any obedience training I suppose, she does well with "Come" and okay with "Wait" so far, but I can only imagine how she is feeling with all the new stimuli she is encountering. She got to go to our local feed supply store this morning and she did very well, especially with other dogs. I just wanted to stay thanks to this forum, it really helped my husband and I make the decision in adopting a grey. We absolutely adore Ciara, she is such a sweetie, here are some pics of our new addition :)

Ciara's first night home... the kittens watched her for hours like this

IMG_3963.jpg

Love those ears!

IMG_3964.jpg

She loves going outside, no zoomies yet but she trots instead lol

IMG_3967.jpg

Her first encounter hearing the towns daily fire siren dog howling session... she didn't join in tho

IMG_3976.jpg

Such a sweet face

IMG_3975.jpg

Welcome to GT! You have a beautiful girl and I'm glad she's settling in so well for you. There's lots of info out on this site so don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Guest Morgaynn

Ciara and Nike could be Twins! She's gorgeous.They even have the same Muzzle :lol Welcome to GT :wubsite There are tons of greyt people here! Welcome aboard the Greyhound Train. Please place your tray in the upright position, keep your hands inside the vehicle and enjoy the ride!

ETA- dern typo demon- anyone have some demon spray?

Edited by Morgaynn

:welcome2 Hello from Staten Island, NY. Your girl is beautiful and should become more outgoing as she gets used to things. :wubsite

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest crazy4greys

Hey, that's my foster girlie!!!!! :D

I love her new name. It is beautiful!!! :wub: She has ears just like her brother Big Boy :lol:

I am glad you found GT!! Welcome :yay

Edited by crazy4greys

Welcome from Maryland! I just love those red brindle girls! Her name is as beautiful as she is. Wishing you many happy years with your new family member. Mine have gotten quite accustomed to our 4 kitties, so you are doing well. Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Congrats on your pretty girl and hi from Hamden!!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Hello from Waterbury!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest Scathach
Did you see these threads? There are some pictures of your girl in there. :)

Halfway Home Haul For Mid-August

My New Littermate Fosters!

~Lindsay~

OHHH more pictures! Thank you, Ciara (Asia) and Big Boy are so lovely. Ciara really comes out of her shell on our walks, I am so excited to see if how her personality blossoms in the next few months. I also can't believe how smoothly it has gone with the cats as well, I assumed they would be hiding under the bed for months lol. Nope everyone enjoys hanging out in the living room together, even our grumpy old man cat has tolerated Ciara, which is amazing. We are so love this girl, she is such a doll, we are lucky to have her living with us.