Bonnie's Chemo And A Plan Of Action (finally!)

Guest K9Cookies

Guest KRKWMU

So, after all of the panic and anxiety last week, Bonnie's lymph nodes are almost completely down again (I can still feel one node some). After several emails back and forth with Dr. Couto, "Team Bonnie" has decided to stay with the current protocol and medications unless we have another "bump in the road". I asked our vet if she came out of remission when her lymph nodes enlarged so much. He said if she had come out of remission, we wouldn't be seeing an improvement like we are and she wouldn't be responding to treatment. So, although he's saying that right now her remission isn't stable, she officially hasn't come out of remission! :yay Thank goodness!

This cancer and treatment is such a rollercoaster. Thank you all for helping me get through things. I want to invent a magic pill that pets can swallow so they can talk to us! :hehe Wouldn't that be great! I just hate not knowing what she's feeling. Right now, she seems to be feeling greyt. I took her peach picking and to lunch with friends on Sunday. She seemed tired after, but then she played and ran around the family room playing with toys that night. :colgate

The next couple of weeks are going to be important, I think. If the lymph nodes go down completely and stay down, we should be in greyt shape. But, if we continue with these medications and the lymph nodes enlarge again...that's going to be a bad situation. :cry1 Dr. Couto does have a new protocol that we can use if we have to though.

Fingers crossed around the world, please! :goodluck Keep the good thoughts, prayers and chanting coming for Miss Bonnie Twist!

Bonnie says, Thank you everyone! :wub: Love you lots! :kiss2IMG_1558-1.jpg

Bonnie is a fighter, we know that. And she is no where near ready to quit enjoying life.(she told Misty) These "bumps in the road" have to be exhausting, for both you and Bonnie. And DH too of course.She is always in our prayers

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

That's great news Kristin!!!!! :yay:banana:yay:thumbs-up

You can be certain that I will be continuing to keep all of my extremities very firmly crosses for beautiful Miss Bonnie Twist! :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

Deer Bonnie,

Ah em keeping mah pawsies crossed fur yu too! All foor ob dem! And Ah em sending yu dis: :kiss2

Wags,

Merlin

Edited by merlinsmum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

YAY!!!!!!

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

:yay:yay:yay for Bonnie. Let the bumps hear after be gentle ones.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Pipi5

If you notice her nosey being awful wet, I think its from everyone here on GT giving that girlie some smooches & slobber kisses!

What a relief and such wonderful, wonderful news!!! Please add my hugs and kisses to the list of those going to beautiful Bonnie. We will all continue to send those good thoughts Bonnie's way so that her remission will continue.

:clap:yay :yay :yay

edited because I'm so excited I can't spell!

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Bonnie, we LIKE hearing this news! You scare your Mom to death, you know that? Bumps in the road to the docs maybe, but Mom has been up and down some mountains lately. We know it's not your fault, though---and we love you!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Keep up the good work sweetie girl...have your Mommy tell "Team Destiny" hello for me. Always remember....An Angel Watches Over. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

If you notice her nosey being awful wet, I think its from everyone here on GT giving that girlie some smooches & slobber kisses!

Great point! I'm all over the kissy thing for Bonnie. Good news for everyone that things have stabilized.

The fan club will be here awaiting new positive updates.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Guest KRKWMU

Thanks for all of the well wishes! Bonnie has been doing greyt. :wub:

I'll typing this because her lymph nodes are still changing a little day to day. Her prescapular (front shoulder) nodes haven't gone down completely since this all started. So, my question is...that swelling, is it cancer??? :dunno Even if "Team Bonnie" doesn't think that she's out of remission, if the lymph nodes are enlarging, shouldn't we be more aggressive about this whole thing??? I think the only way to tell if there's cancer again would be to do a biopsy. This is a fairly simple procedure for most hounds, but Bonnie had to be sedated. :rolleyes: I'm still nervous thinking about all of the possibilities. :( We'll talk to our vet on Tuesday when she gets the vincristine injection.

I'd say overall the lymph nodes are better than they were a couple of weeks ago, but still...not knowing exactly is tough. :riphair

Kristin, you know I don't know anything about cancer at all, and I can imagine that the not knowing has to be torture it itself. Hope Tuesday rolls around quickly!! Bonnie is always in our thoughts

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless